Job Title: Video Editor:
We are looking for an experienced video editor who will be responsible for cutting and editing film footage until it meets a director's approval. Rearranges and splices scenes that have already been shot, determines if scenes need to be reshot, and inserts music, sound, or optical effects.
• Edit film until it meets director's specifications.
• Watch scenes and determine which will end up on cutting room floor.
• Rearrange scenes.
• Work with and manipulate raw camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects.
• Determine which camera angles to use.
• Insert music, sound, or optical effects.
• Use nonlinear digital editing systems to edit clips.
• Work with work prints to organize the scenes and transitions that make up a film.
• Create edit decision lists to correspond to the edge numbers.
• Edit film for commercials, station identification, and public service messages on television films and tapes.
• Check films for damage.
• Purge damaged or old tapes.
• Work on feature films, television programs, music videos, corporate training videos or advertisements.
• Reorder and tweak the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
• Input uncut rushes and sound.
• Determine exact cutting for final stages.
• Work with director to achieve desired end result.
Experience: Minimum 4 years experience
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications, cover letter, stating why you’re qualified for the position and CV to: email@example.com