Job Description Lehigh Technical is seeking an experienced CMM Programmer/Inspector in the Greater Passaic, NJ area.
Our client specializes in high end metal (MIM) and polymer injection molding on both R&D and production levels supporting the aerospace, military and industrial sectors.
PTI is at the forefront of manufacturing technology winning multiple awards from government and industry recognizing our technical innovation and high level of service.
We have an immediate need for a CMM Programmer / technician to perform full dimensional inspection and analysis of our complex plastic and metal injection molded (MIM) components.
Equipment includes Starrett Vision system (Optical CMM), Starrett Digital-Video comparator, Mitutoyo touch-probe CMMs.
- Program CMM equipment to do full FAI dimensional inspection of tightly-toleranced, complex injection molded parts.
Export to Excel, analyze against clients drawings.
-Generate an inspection plan based on clients drawings utilizing the most appropriate equipment or tooling.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to Engineering and Production Departments regarding dimensional results of sample parts
- Perform mechanical inspection where a CMM is not suitable.
- Maintain calibration of all inspection equipment in accordance with lab procedures Qualifications:
- Ability to program CMMs, experience with CMM-Manager software a plus.
- Proficiency with mechanical/manual inspection (Caliper, Micrometer, Height gage, Sine Plate, etc)
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Expert level understanding of GD&T and years of applying in a work (manufacturing) setting
- Self-starter, desire to 'own ' the inspection of a part from start-to-finish.