Department: Student Government Office (ASWOU) Recruitment : S1946 Application Deadline: Review begins July 29, 2019 .
Position open until filled.
Salary Range: $2431 - $3528 This is a regular, 10-month (September – June), full-time position and is represented by the Service Employees International Union/Oregon Public Employees Union (SEIU).
Benefits: Western Oregon University’s offers an excellent benefits package for eligible employees which includes 95% premium paid healthcare, a generous retirement and vacation package, and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities.
http://www.wou.edu/hr/benefits/ Department / Job Summary: This position is in the Office of the Associated Students of Western Oregon University (ASWOU) in Monmouth.
ASWOU is an organization designed to encompass all of the students at Western Oregon University (WOU).
The student government is tasked with advocating for students’ rights to the WOU administration, as well as the State of Oregon.
http://www.wou.edu/aswou/ The Office Coordinator establishes, maintains, and monitors Student Government account files and bookkeeping, and provides clerical and receptionist support to the ASWOU office and the Incidental Fee Committee.
Fluctuations in workload and priorities will be accommodated to address the needs of students and the needs of the ASWOU operations.
We are not considering candidates who require Visa sponsorship support.
Additionally, the university typically only considers visa support for employees placed in specialized positions that are continuing regular university appointments.
- This position requires a flexible, irregular work schedule and may require split shifts and working some evenings.
- This position works with minimal supervision.
The supervisor of this position is located in a separate office location from this position’s work area Minimum Qualifications:
- Two years of clerical experience (one year of which included typing, word processing, or other experience generating documents) OR an Associate’s degree in Office Occupations or Office Technology; OR graduation from a private school of business with a Certificate in Office Occupations or Office Technology AND one year of general clerical experience
- General bookkeeping skills which may include payroll, purchase orders, journal vouchers, disbursements, or similar
- Exceptional organizational skills, quality customer service and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet established production deadlines in a fast-paced, task-heavy environment with constant interruptions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information Preferred Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of Banner SIS and FIS A criminal background check will be required as a condition of employment Application Instructions: You may submit all materials online at www.wou.edu/classified Required application materials (PDF preferred): 1.
WOU Employment Application 2.
Letter of application that addresses each qualification of the position.
Please include how your experience, education, and/or training might help us build a more inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community 3.
Contact information for three references As an alternative, you may also submit application materials to: S1946, Office Coordinator, Human Resources, Western Oregon University, 345 Monmouth Ave N, Monmouth, OR 97361; OR E-mail to employmentwou.edu; OR fax to : 503-838-8144 Western Oregon University (WOU) is a mid-sized public comprehensive university located in the heart of Oregon’s lush Willamette Valley.
The university serves a large number of first-generation college students.
WOU has received national recognition for its commitment and success in serving students.
The campus is about 20 minutes from Salem, the state’s capital, about 75 minutes from Portland, the state’s cultural hub, and a short drive from the Oregon coast, mountains, and other scenic areas.
The university is located in an increasingly diverse, bilingual, and rural area in the Willamette Valley.
Our student body of about 4800 undergraduate and 600 graduate students enjoys a vibrant and close-knit intellectual community.
Western Oregon University is an AA/EOE/Veteran/Disability employer and is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Keywords: Administrative Office Specialist, Location: Monmouth, OR - 97361