Singh & Jones have built a steady flow of business partners within the Timber Truss and EWP industry over the past 2 years. These relationships mean that we are fast becoming the go to Recruiter for Design and Estimating needs. We have been collaborating with a reputable contractor, who we have helped fill a number of vacancies. This has led to additional growth and project wins for this client; with this in mind, my client is looking to recruit and experienced Timber Frame Designer for their HQ in Kettering, Northamptonshire.
This unique position offers the right candidate the challenge and genuine opportunity to progress, due to the bespoke nature of the role. Reporting directly to the Design Manager, your duties will include;
* You will be working largely unsupervised therefore your work will need to hold a high degree of accuracy and contain the relevant information to allow the off site manufacturing function to produce your building designs.
* In addition to working with your design and production colleagues, you will be liaising with individual clients, developers and mainstream house builders to ensure a smooth handover once the customer's order is confirmed.
* You will therefore be seeing the project through from enquiry through to completion and be able to manage the clients workload effectively
* Working on bespoke high end design contracts
* Working on various design systems such as MiTek Pamir or Wolf Horizon as well as hsbCAD.
What Experience should you have?
This vacancy will suit a candidate who has a background in Timber Truss and/or off site construction. As pre modular construction grows, the role will also expand and be require the candidate to undertake site surveys and liaise with architects and contractors. The understanding of general construction methods will be suitable such as foundations, structural loads and engineering principles. If you have experience in using MiTek Pamir, AutoCAD, Wolf Horizon or hsbCAD, then this will be advantageous.
If this is you, then please do not hesitate to apply and lets get talking
Benefits: Bonus, Healthcare