The Access Group are a leading VMware cloud hosting provider with operations in the UK, US and Asia.
We are looking to recruit an experienced senior network engineer to work on the design, implementation and ongoing support of our rapidly growing WAN, datacentre and cloud platforms.
The Senior Network Engineer will play a key role realising a datacentre and wide area network strategy along with the implementation of network projects and the ongoing management of existing infrastructure and connectivity.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated engineer with excellent technical skills to join a leading edge cloud company.
You will receive on-going training and an opportunity to work on a broad range of technologies and projects.
Based in our Brighton office you will be working as part of a small team delivering world class services to our client base.
Specific activities to be undertaken will be:
- Participate with the specification and design of network systems in line with the datacentre and wider company network strategy
- Ongoing management and support of network platforms, protocols and systems
- Proactively monitor and administer all networks to maximise performance, security and resilience
- Solve complex network issues in varied environments
- Administer public address space with regional registries (RIPE, ARIN, APNIC)
- Provide networking pre-sales and support ongoing projects.
Produce high quality documentation in line with requirements
- Identify technologies to better support the business and our customer base
- Assist building and supporting our cloud platforms
- Participate in capacity planning, analysis of logs and audit trails
- Be able to work outside core working hours when required Core Competencies:
- Demonstrable routing and switching skills at an expert level (CCIE level or similar experience)
- Solid understanding around LAN/WAN TCP/IP based networks and strong focus on networking in cloud environments
- Proficient level knowledge of networking design and documentation (High and Low-Level Design)
- Proven experience delivering and overlaying complex network topologies
- Advanced working experience with Cisco based routing platforms
- Advanced working experience with Cisco IOS and Nexus switching platforms
- Good practical understanding of Software Defined Networking (SDN), Cisco ACI and VMware NSX
- Excellent analytical and problems solving skills
- Excellent understanding of firewall principles, network security and best practice
- Familiarity with advanced monitoring technologies
- Strong communication and collaboration skills Desirable Skills:
- Experience deploying and supporting Cisco UCS and / or HP blade server technologies
- Experience of deploying and managing VMware ESXi and vCenter
- Experience deploying and managing storage
- Linux and/or Windows Server system administration skills