We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor, to join us at Creating Enterprise. The successful individual within this role will ensure all pre and post contract commercial activity is efficient and cost effective.
The successful person will take a lead role in the contract administration, QS function and running of the capital timber frame modular builds out of our Holyhead office.
We are seeking a confident individual who is comfortable around challenging our contractors, to ensure we consistently achieve value for money. They will use their initiative to ensure delivery of a high quality service from our contractors resulting in evidential high levels of customer satisfaction.
They will also need to establish a rapport with our Clients, contract managers and the commercial team to deliver the best results.
A surveying qualification is a minimum requirement (RICS or similar) combined with suitable experience of contract management within the social housing sector.
Role & Responsibilities
* Previous experience of managing small to large value contracts within social housing / public sector.
* Carry out cost appraisals/ procurement of new sub-contracts relating to modular timber frame construction.
* Value engineer costs to maximise margins.
* Prepare applications for payment.
* Prepare cash flow forecasts & commercial viability reports.
* Previous experience of manipulating data and evaluation of costs against Schedules or Rates.
* Experience delivering projects adopting JCT and NEC Forms of contract.
* Ability to Prioritise in line with commercial requirements.
* Knowledge of zero carbon principles.
* Knowledge of timber modular build.
Required Skills & Experience
* 2 years’ residential experience
* Experience working within a house builder environment
* Full UK driving licence and car
What you get back
* £40,000 DOE
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.