Position Description Overview
To deliver sales and behavioural objectives against targets through proactive approaches and the sign up of merchants who use a competing acquirer service through self-generation of new business opportunities
* Proactive and reactive contact with clients that are small to medium size business. High level contact and negotiations with key stakeholders, senior management and business directors.
* Explains and presents factual information in a structured, clear, confident and concise way avoiding the use of jargon. Demonstrating a clear understanding of the products and ensuring the clients are fully aware of our full product range.
* Discuss and negotiate with clients on a commercial, operational and technical basis in order to understand and fulfil the client’s needs and requirements.
* Identify cross sale opportunities on behalf of other areas of the Group to maximise revenues and increase wallet share.
* Make sound commercial judgements in order to fully maximise opportunities and develop the client base.
* Personal time management of day to day activities, including delta planning.
* Research and identify new business opportunities to pro-actively contact.
* Ensure merchant base comply with scheme rules and regulations.
Competencies / Skills
* A sales/business development background with a proven ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels.
* Working knowledge of acquiring schemes, their drivers, industry dynamics, interchange and future product service deliverables will be advantageous.
* An up to date knowledge of Industry related technical development will hold preference.
* Delivering Business Results via influencing and managing the customer relationship.
* Presenting / demonstrating products with confidence and excellent communication skills.
* Applying attention to detail.
* Self-Motivation & Negotiation is key.
About First Data First Data (NYSE: FDC) is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology, serving approximately six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in more than 100 countries around the world. The company’s 22,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 3,000 transactions per second and $2.4 trillion per year