If you are an experienced Mechanical/Building Services Project Manager based in Surrey or Kent we have a fantastic opportunity for progression within the BJF Group for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will have:
* Proven contracting experience as a Mechanical/Building Services Manager
* Project Management Qualifications or proven experience
* Relevant industry and HS&E qualifications e.g SMSTS
* Excellent knowledge of the mechanical contracting industry
* Proven experience of being able to deliver multiple small works from the initial survey to handover.
* Ensure high quality, compliant installations are delivered on time and within budget.
* Good man-management skills and experience
* Excellent communication skills via phone, email and in person
* Strong organisational skills and be able to multi-task and prioritise between projects and tasks whilst identifying and manageing risks (H&S) is essential
* Demonstrable technical knowledge of Mechanical installations and sound HVAC building service knowledge
* Industry recognised HVAC qualifications, City & Guilds or equivalent experience.
Responsibilities & Duties
* Provide leadership in identifying and specifying project opportunities and in delivering contractual commitments on secured projects.
* Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of projects are exploited to deliver increased turnover and profitability.
* To deliver projects to completion on time and on budget and to the satisfaction of all parties, expectations to be exceeded wherever possible.
* To identify, reduce and manage all risks (technical, statutory, health and safety, commercial or otherwise) associated with each and every project.
* Ensure compliance with project management policies and procedures.
* Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented and are regularly review on each and every project. This will include the timely delivery of a Health and Safety file for the works and full compliance with CDM regulations.
* To build strong relationships with sub-contractors, to ensure cost effective solutions which meet our quality expectations can be delivered to our clients whilst managing the risk and ensuring back to back terms and conditions.
* Development of project financial plans for revenue and profit delivery.
* Ensure positive cash flow through the up-front agreement of a relevant payment schedule and the submission of timely invoices/applications for payment. Ensuring all debt is controlled below 60 days
Benefits: Car/Allowance, Pension