Our client operates within the construction sector and has a vacancy for a Project Support Manager. Your main purpose is the management of target projects which are characterised by an intrinsic technical, logistical or commercial complexity and associated increase in commercial risk when facilitated through the main stream project pipeline. The role is national coverage so you can be based anywhere in the UK, although frequent travel to Milton Keynes is involved.
You will need to have practical, hands on fabrication experience coupled with full project lifecycle experience.
• Establish and monitor the scope of project works in respect of product portfolio, project programme, the extent of responsibility and limitation of liability.
• Identify, track and communicate project milestones, programme and deliveries.
• Monitor commercial aspects of the project; variations, adds/omits and changes are effectively analysed and recorded. Obtain appropriate form of instruction to ensure that the business does not proceed at risk.
• Facilitate the timely development and delivery of project specific solutions; provide timely responses to design questions and queries.
• Ensure that Specialist Fabrication partners are aware of product selection, fabrication and installation criteria.
• Evaluate customer capacity/capability and where practical identify training needs and skills gaps. Provide training recommendations appropriate to the project or customer knowledge base.
• Promote and develop sales of machinery, software interface and factory layout and planning services.
• Liaison and direction of system and technical support services in Project Offices.
• Liaison at all levels both internally and across wider contracting/client organisations, providing general pre and post order support.
• Responsible for accurate up to date and effective record keeping. Coordinate records for capacity planning work flow and contribute to task planning.
• Previous experience in development and procurement management across project supply chains.
• Ideally experienced in procuring and delivering large or complex project solutions from design to installation stage.
• Detailed working knowledge of company systems, products and principles.
• Competent interpretation of performance and product standards and specifications.
• Experience of problem solving and query management.
• Provide comments, critique and advice on design, details and material procurement.
• Experience in a fabricator environment.
• Experience of site application and processes,
• Capable and confident networker.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available