Covering North-East England (covering key sites such as Newcastle, Durham, Middlesbrough, York, Harrogate, Leeds, Lincoln, Nottingham, Derby, Sheffield) a great opportunity for a scientist with 3 year's practical experience working in an analytical laboratory (experience with GC-MS and LC-MS) and method development experience to move into a technical scientific sales role The company manufacture excellent quality Analytical Instrumentation and have a very good reputation within the UK for their niche offering.
They provide comprehensive product and sales training and tend to hire applicants without prior scientific sales experience who are very commercially minded and technically competent, with a genuine interest in moving into a customer-facing commercial role PRODUCTS: Analytical Instrumentation CUSTOMERS: Academic, Water, Research, Pharmaceutical and Industrial Laboratories TERRITORY: North-East England (travel to customer sites around 4 days per week with 1 day working from home) It is an excellent opportunity to work within a successful, team-focused business with a commitment to providing exceptional customer support and staff development.
Role Responsibilities: · Develop a sales development plan for the region.
· Work with existing and prospective customers in your geographical region to identify profitable business opportunities and ensure that customers are satisfied with their purchases.
· Work in partnership with customers to understand their research requirements, advise, consult and provide solutions from the automated instrumentation offering that will help overcome their challenges.
· Follow the consultative sales process to progress opportunities to sales and orders.
· Ensure excellent market knowledge and awareness of competitor activity/trends - feedback to the wider commercial team where applicable.
· Work closely with the Field Service Engineers and Applications Specialists to ensure excellent customer service.
· Present an accurate monthly revenue forecast to your Line Manager Person Specification: 3 years' post-degree experience working with GC-MS in an analytical laboratory.
Experience in method development.
Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Solution focused, logical and good at problem-solving.
Previous sales experience is not essential, as full training will be given.