An opportunity has arisen to join a Global Planning & Trade Compliance team as a Trade Compliance Administrator.
This position will be responsible for ensuring compliance to all trade regulations relevant to our client's business, working with colleagues across the business and external partners as required.
This vital role will develop and execute processes which manage business import/ export risk and ensure the compliance of both our global distribution and manufacturing sites to relevant regulation, in particular the correct declaration of tariff classification, valuation and country of origin.
- Ensure the correct application of relevant Customs legislation, particularly in terms of valuation, tariff classification and country of origin (preferential and non-preferential)
- Perform permit applications and/ or other required declarations for products requiring import/ export
- Manage and coordinate Export Control applications and documentation as required
- Perform regular and scheduled audits of customs declarations and other relevant processes, taking action as required based on findings
- Resolve Customs related queries, and provide ad hoc support to business colleagues and customers as required
- Update and maintain business control documentation (spreadsheets, reports etc)
- Support improvement projects across the function and wider business About You You will be a hard-working and enthusiastic individual, who possesses natural attention to detail, organisational and analytical skills.
You will have experience in commodity classifications and a good understanding of Pharma/ Biotech industries and products.
- Significant experience in commodity classifications
- Good understanding of Pharma/ Biotech industries and products
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to influence stakeholders at all levels and be confident in communication to senior levels
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced global team environment, and to embrace change
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent knowledge of business management software, in particular Microsoft Office and business intelligence software such as Tableau
- Knowledge of Oracle Global Trade Management (GTM) solution would be advantageous.
Do you want to be considered? If you are immediately available have trade compliance experience then we would like to hear from you.
This role is commutable within the hour from Bury St.Edmunds.
Cambridge, Haverhill, Hitchin, Huntingdon.