Field Service Engineer
Thame and European travel
£30,000 - £32,000 + benefits (Company car/van)
All expenses paid for with company credit card for any European travel.
Our client is a market leading manufacturer of instruments based in Thame. Due to continued growth they are looking for an experienced field service engineer to join the team assisting in workshop-based repair work as well as European installation and servicing at customer sites.
The appointed Field Service Engineer will have the following workshop-based duties:
* Diagnose Service and repair of returned faulty equipment
* Carry out highly complex technical procedures such as set up, maintenance, operation, modification, testing, calibration and fault finding of electronic and electro-mechanical sub-assemblies.
* Working from detailed electronic schematics, diagrams and instructions
* Provide technical service to customers over phone, email etc.
The appointed Field Service Engineer will have the following field-based duties:
* Travelling to European customers every other month staying away for up to 4 weeks
* Installation, service and repair of our client's instruments
* Training customers in product functionality
* Offer feedback to colleagues for future development of products
* Various other duties as required
The successful Field Service Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
* Strong background in field service of electronic / electro-mechanical products
* Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
* HNC / HND in electronics
* Good communication skills
* Logical thinker and good organisation skills
* Computer literate
This is fantastic opportunity for a skilled field service engineer to work for a forward-thinking exciting company. In return you will receive a great benefits package and competitive salary.
If you are interested in this Field Service Engineer position, please click apply now or call Keanna at Orion Reading today!
Orion Electrotech Ltd acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003.
By applying for this position please take a few moments to view our Privacy Notice on our Orion website which details how we retain and process your data. Alternatively please give us a call so we can discuss this with you