Job Purpose/RoleThe SR Property Underwriting Team Leader will handle a production underwriting territory while also managing a team of underwriters within the Property line of business.
In addition the SR Property Underwriting Team Leader will:
- Lead and manage senior underwriting team and technical referral point for underwriters
- Ensure underwriters comply with underwriting authority; and pricing and rating guidelines.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with producers and clients in partnership with Market ManagementKey Responsibilities
- Underwrite Profitable business
- Underwrite new and renewal accounts to meet top and bottom line targets
- Negotiate price and terms and conditions with producers
- Proactively manage capacity
- Underwrite and evaluate Natural Catastrophe Accumulation, ensuring an understanding of catastrophe modeling and interpretation of scenarios
- Serve as initial referral point for underwriters handling risks outside of their authority
- Responsible for you and your team to underwrite within line with LoB governance framework - e.g.
Underwriting Authorities, global MSU, Underwriting Guidelines, Rules and Principles
- Ensure contract certainty is achieved on all accounts at time of inception
- Ensure utilization of global pricing tools
- Ensure placing and binding of FAC Reinsurance prior to policy inception
- Policy Documentation and Administration
- Ensure accurate policy documentation issued to producers (where AGCS responsibility to do so) or producers has issued documentation (where producer responsibility
- File maintenance – ensure file is established (whether electronic or paper) and maintained for each risk and transaction handled
- Proactively support completion of policy administration and credit control processes
- Audit underwriters files to ensure compliance and evaluate underwriting strengths and weakness of individual underwriters
- Market Management and Key Business initiatives
- Proactively support acquisition of new business and retention of existing business (including client and producer negotiations where necessary)
- Proactively liaise with MMC on market management initiatives
- Generate new producer relationships
- Participate / contribute to key projects
- Training and development of team and referral point for other underwriters
- Participate in cross regional activities as required / requested
- Positively represent AGCS externally to the market
- Proactively drive involvement of functional areas in Underwriting process, including e.g.
MMC, ARC, Claims, Operations
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key producers and clients and other relevant stakeholders (e.g.
risk managers)Key Requirements/Skills/Experience
- Proven track record in Underwriting profitable business in Property with c.
10 plus years' experience; demonstrated leadership skills
- 11 years of demonstrable, established relationships with brokers at peer group level and well established within local market
- 11 years of In depth understanding of Property products and portfolio, as well as regional / local Property insurance markets and competitor landscape
- 11 years of understanding of legal and regulatory framework
- Bachelors’ Degree - Preferably Degree in Economics, Law, or other appropriate discipline
- Certification - Completion of professional insurance qualification (e.g.
- IT skills (Office applications): Use general office application tools e.g.
Power Point, Excel, Word.
- Risk Assessment and Management: Ability to assess risk inherent exposures and natural hazards relevant to Property
- Portfolio Management: Manage the underwriting books.
Analyze trends and scenario plans from which portfolio strategies can be developed and implemented.
- Pricing: Analyze current performance against various benchmarks with a view to ensure adequate progress and satisfactory performance
- Market Management: Apply the knowledge of how the market operates and functions, the business needs and customer needs
- Analytical Skills: Ability to analyze highly complex data, from multiple sources, in detail; identify and resolve issues before they transpire
- Influencing skills: Ability to persuade and motivate others to act, without executive authority
- Communication & Presentation: Ability to express ideas and messages clearly, both written and verbally.
Ability to "sell" an improvised or prepared audience winning story
- Coaching: Ability to advise, instruct, direct, and guide as a coach to help someone develop his/ her skillsJob SummaryFunctional Area: UnderwritingHierarchy Level: ManagementReference ID: AGCS-6642531-2