Reporting to: QSHE Director
Main Purpose of Job:
Providing Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental support across all contracts in the Northern Region
QSHE Support North
* Key support role in the management team of the Northern Region of the business.
* Monitoring and reviewing performance in the area of responsibility and active participation in local and central management meetings.
* Support in the production of method statements and project/contract safety plans in the respective businesses and the region which includes sub-contractors sign off and responsibility front end through to completion.
* Advising on all aspects of Health, Safety and Welfare across the business.
* Co-ordinating annual improvement plans.
* Undertake investigations into any accidents which may occur within the Business Unit.
* Be available on call to respond within a specified time period to any accidents which may occur within the contract region.
* Prepare and present reports as and when required for both the QSHE Director and the Business Unit
* Develop and deliver health and safety training to any areas identified within the Business Unit.
* Identifying site objectives and delivering these in conjunction with overall business planning.
* Advising the management team on current and forthcoming issues facing the business.
* Contribution to National QSHE Team in the strategic direction and development to review policy, procedures and promote a good safety culture.
* Client liaison and completion of health and safety / statutory compliance audits.
* Liaising with the QSHE team and the Operations Team within the contract region, to ensure consistency across the business.
* Assist with Mobilisation of new contracts as and when requested
Systems & Process
* Co-ordination of quality processes and internal auditing.
* Review, develop and ensure implementation of Safety, Quality and Environmental systems, procedures and policies.
* Ensuring certifications are held to OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
* Site inspections, audits, training, advice and support to all contracts.
* Follow up and where possible ensure that all actions / non compliances resulting from the audit are completed.
* Undertake all forms of risk assessments as and when required within the business.
* Follow up and where possible complete all actions or improvements resulting from the above risk assessments.
Behaviours and Competencies
FM, M&E and multi-site experience
Flexible approach to all work activities and a willingness to support other business activities as appropriate.
Experience of implementing and reviewing systems.
Experience of legislation and statutory compliance within the facilities sector.
Experience of managing certifications in OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001, ISO 14001.
Good PC Skills – word, excel knowledge is essential.
Professional approach to work in all areas.
Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
Excellent influencing skills.
Ensure compliance with all Company Standards and Procedures.
Willingness to travel within the UK as and when required
* NEBOSH general certificate (as a minimum)
* Clean & full Driving License
* Auditing Qualification