Quality Test Engineer III (ICIS)
Based in Sutton, London – UK
RBI are seeking an experienced Quality Test Engineer who can help us to create defect free software that delights our customer and accelerate business growth. The candidate is expected to have strong testing experience on web applications and web services to join one of our flagship digital brands based from our vibrant Sutton office. You will join a team delivering a data rich, complex domain logic supporting commercial web-based product to customers of one of our most innovative businesses.
You will be working with a highly capable Agile development team, which delivers software in collaboration with commercial stakeholders. The successful candidate will need to hit the ground testing web applications and web services, implementing automation for the test scenarios, handling releases.
* Working as part of the scrum team in collaboration with Product owners, BAs, Developers, Architects and other involved teams
* Collaborating with the team wherever needed and making sure that failures are identified as early as possible ensuring that quality products are delivered to our users
* Creating test scenarios from requirements and acceptance criteria
* Executing the tests and communicate the results with root cause analysis with the team
* Raise defects with all the relevant information
* Design and Develop effective automation framework
* Implementing the automation for all the test scenarios (functional, non-functional) and any other automation that can facilitate effective testing
* Achieve high level of automation coverage for all the products that are delivered by the team
* Set-up builds in Teamcity to run the automated tests for different environments based on the requirement
* Continuous maintenance of the automation framework
* Taking responsibility and ownership of all testing deliveries from the team
* Release management
* Maintain best practices across the department liaising with the team and the managers
Essential Skills Required:
* Quick learner
* Efficient testing approaches with effective attention to detail
* Good experience working with web application and web services
* Good understanding of web architecture including web services
* Sound experience in automation using Selenium C# with BDDfy for backend automation
* Sound experience using Web driver IO or similar tool
* Experience working in Team city to create builds
* Experience working in an Agile environment
* Experience using defects management tool (e.g. JIRA)
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Good team player and work on minimal supervision
* Automation for Performance/Load testing using Jmeter
* Understanding of Kubernetes and Docker for deployment
* Automation for Mobile testing
So who are RBI and ICIS?
RBI is a global online media and information business cited amongst the world’s top-100 ‘online superpowers’. We have an international portfolio of market leading brands (including ICIS, Accuity, Flight Global and New Scientist) that spans Western Europe, North America, China, Singapore, Australia and beyond; we’re also part of the FTSE 100 RELX Group, a global media and publishing group with a history spanning several hundred years and revenues in the region of $10bn. As one of the largest brands within RBI, ICIS has a global staff of more than 800, is the world’s largest petrochemical market information provider and has a fast growing energy information business. ICIS provides prices, news, analysis, insight and consultancy.
"RBI are committed to providing equality of opportunity for employees and to developing working practices and policies that help to support their individual work-life balance."
How important is technology to ICIS?
Technology is a central part of the ICIS business. The technology team provides the online products and systems to collect and distribute ICIS data to our global audience. We also create innovative sources of new insight – for example modelling of power demands, processing of European gas flows or tracking/predicting in real-time worldwide ship movements. We use modern technologies, work almost exclusively in the cloud and focus on agile development approaches