Principal DSP / FPGA Engineer job available in Watford, Hertfordshire (Greater London border).
A very successful R&D company, with over 35 years’ experience, has made the exciting decision to further expand their engineering division, with a view to create a new range of digital electronic products. They are looking for a Principal DSP / FPGA Engineer – MATLAB to be part of this project and work onsite in Watford, Hertfordshire.
You will be responsible for DSP and algorithm simulation using MATLAB, designing complex communication signal processing algorithms. You will also assist with FPGA development using VHDL.
Principal DSP / FPGA Engineer – Job Requirements:
* Extensive experience in Digital Signal Processing (DSP) simulation using MATLAB.
* Experience in using VHDL for FPGA development.
* Experience in the use of synthesis tools, such as Synplify, Vivado, Quartus, or Mentor.
* An understanding of communications systems / RF technology would be beneficial but not essential.
* Exposure to wideband digitization would be beneficial but not essential.
This is an incredibly rare opportunity for someone who has skills in DSP / FPGA Engineering to be part of a brand-new digital product team, within a large organisation. You will be involved in researching and designing innovative communication products from scratch, through to manufacture