Job Description - Mgr Programs 2 (19018889)Mgr Programs 2Requisition ID: 19018889Location: United States-California-Woodland HillsUS Citizenship Required for this Position: YesRelocation Assistance: No relocation assistance availableClearance Type: SecretShift: 1st ShiftTravel: Yes, 10 % of the TimeDescription Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems sector is seeking a Manager Programs 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in Woodland Hills, CA.At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come.
Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way.
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible.
Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.Job DescriptionManage Cost and Schedule Management organizations chartered with providing Program Management, Business Management and external/internal customers with performance data and analysis for management decisions and actions.
Responsibilities include organizational staffing, procedure compliance, lean process improvement, and some financial reporting support.
Understanding of: Earned Value Management Systems, Cost Performance Reporting, Business and Financial Planning support.
Experience in the following area is also required: Project baselining (initial and monitoring), EAC/LRE compliance, planning and program performance addressing cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality of a work package.
Determines, monitors and reviews costs, operational budgets and schedules, and manpower requirements.
Supports and participates in negotiations of contracts and contract changes, coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract and supports Annual Operating Plan (AOP)/Long Range Strategic Plan (LRSP) definition Analyzes effects of projects upon various areas such as Engineering, and other IPT functional labor resources and the labor pool to determine the most practical and cost-efficient methods to obtain the required resources.
Resolves proposal preparation problems and assess the progress against established plans and parameters.
Formulates and recommends corrective action measures such as schedule revisions, manpower adjustments, fund allocations and work requirements.
Must be able to multi-task, interface with multiple customers and be adaptable in a fast-pace environment.
Responsible for providing objective – oriented direction to subordinates utilizing management guidelines and general policies.
Must be able to obtain & maintain a Top Secret clearance and Program Access Clearance Qualifications Basic Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree, plus 5 years of Program/Project Management or Engineering Program Manager/IPT Lead experience, which includes program cost, schedule and technical management.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of management and individual contributors.
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing cross functional teams.
- Ability to make decisions that impact the organization’s credibility, operations and services.
- Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
- Direct knowledge of EVMS and O&R Reports; must have quantitative/qualitative analytical, and presentation expertise
- Strong communication, team building and facilitation skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with team, upper management and customers
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, MS Project, and PowerPoint
citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S.
Government, DoD Secret clearance, clearance not required to start.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Business, Science, Engineering
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Active Secret Security Clearance or higher.
- Direct program leadership execution on non-recurring engineering programs exceeding $1M.
- Demonstrated experience in quality, schedule, and cost tradeoff decision making.
- Experience in navigation/positioning systems programs in Aerospace/Defense industry
- Experience in production programs and schedulingNorthrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit .
Citizenship is required for most positions.