Department Coordinator Location: Grand Prairie, TX Duration: 6 Months Rate: Determined by Experience Summary: Responsible for coordinating the Home Patient delivery routes and resolving problems related to method of delivery, across numerous facilities, multiple Service Specialist, and up to 2800 home patient customers spread across numerous states with large geographical areas and geographical challenges.
Schedules and coordinates the transportation of products in order to satisfy customer requirements.
Analyzes distribution, cost analysis, resources, and a variety of other problems to provide or formulate and develop modified solutions to business issues affecting the daily operations function.
Responsibilities: · Provides ongoing routing solutions to improve database maintenance and regularly generates reports utilizing different software applications in order to analyze actual department performance.
· Reviews routes daily for responsible regions to prepare daily delivery schedules.
Plans and coordinates scheduling for vacations, holidays, and other unplanned events.
Assists with the development of daily private fleet routes and/or loads cost effectively utilizing a private fleet or third part logistics.
Schedules alternate freight transportation when necessary.
· Assists with planning, coordinating and scheduling for vacations, holidays, and other unplanned events on a rolling 12-week calendar.
· Assist with the utilization of different software applications to run reports, import driver logs, print driver manifests, driver directions and other job-related duties.
· Performs a variety of traffic activities which includes the audit of freight bills, processing property claims, selecting and recommending carriers.
· Prepare and distribute daily paperwork for drivers to field operations contacts.
Coordinate workflow with 3PL (e.g.
Cardinal) to ensure that picking, sequencing, staging and checking of products are completed in an accurate and timely manner for all private fleet and commercial deliveries.
· Works with management, vendors, and Service Specialists to ensure daily and/or weekly submission and compliance with Driver Qualification files (JJ Keller), driver logs, fuel trip reports, fuel tax reporting, timecards, expense reports and all other State/Federal DOT regulated rules/regulations.
· Responsible for ensuring On-Board driver computers are working appropriately, utilizing software applications by working with vendors to run tests, problem solve, trouble shoot or send required updates to driver computers when needed.
· Ensure that all manual timecards are accurately filled out and perform the required analysis to ensure the timely input of all Service Specialists payroll hours into Kronos on a daily/weekly basis.
Qualifications: · High school degree or equivalent is required.
· 2 - 4 years relevant professional experience required.
· Previous distribution and transportation experience preferred.