INTERNSHIP POSITION OVERVIEW: Train with department management, professional and support staff in order to gain work experience.
Gain a working knowledge of applications and tools related to assigned functional area; perform assigned tasks and project work with supervision; specific duties/tasks determined by department management.
Assignments are directly related to Intern’s field of study.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: 1.
Perform meaningful work in assigned department 2.
Participate in projects and tasks as assigned 3.
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures 4.
Perform other duties as required Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Must be enrolled at a Junior level or above (or have graduated within the last 12 months) at an accredited college or university
- Major or course of study toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Supply Chain or other quantitative discipline
- A Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Depending on the functional area supported, additional knowledge, skills, abilities and experience may be required
- May require completion of courses related to specific functional department assigned
- Must be reliable and exhibit follow-through
- Must be adept in completing assignments and solving problems
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member