Why Join the Amedisys Family? We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth.
Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique clinical environment: Care for patients one-on-one in home environment with flexibility in scheduling Culture of teamwork: Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary team Ongoing support: Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and more Advancement: Professional development to build skills and opportunities to advance Healthcare leader: Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home and commitment to clinical excellence If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do: As a psychiatric registered nurse and behavioral health nurse in home health, you have a unique opportunity to provide one on one, psychiatric/behavioral health and skilled nursing care and treatment to patients in their home.
Your primary work will include collaboration with mental health professionals including psychiatrists and psychologists to create a home care plan supporting an individual and their caregivers coping with dementia, Alzheimer’s, schizophrenia, anxiety, grief, depression and other psychiatric conditions and within the home setting.
- Evaluates and assesses the medical, cognitive, emotional, psychosocial, safety, developmental status, and behavioral health/psychiatric nursing needs of the patient to determine the appropriateness of care and criteria for acceptance to behavioral health/psychiatric home health care.
- Evaluates the patient’s management and compliance with the medical and psychiatric plan of care and communicates closely with the physician, interdisciplinary team, agencies and institutions for continuity of care regarding patient’s progress.
- Acts as a case manager in coordinating care for the behavioral health/psychiatric patient.
Regularly reviews treatment planning under the direction of a physician or psychiatrist which includes nursing actions and interventions, goals and discharge summaries.
- Administers IM medications, performs lab draws and specimen collections, and educates patient and caregiver in appropriate medical techniques.
Performs other nursing treatment to include medical care in accordance to the plan of care.
Additional Qualifications: Not applicable.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients.
This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team.
Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
- 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
- Continuing education
- Fleet car for eligible employees LD Required:
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
- Minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience as a registered nurse
- A registered nurse must meet one of the following to meet CMS requirements for psychiatric nursing in the home care setting: a.
Master’s degree in psychiatric or mental health nursing b.
Bachelor’s degree in nursing with one year recent nursing experience in an active treatment unit in a psychiatric or mental health hospital or outpatient clinic c.
Diploma or associate’s degree with two years recent nursing experience in an active treatment unit in a psychiatric or mental health hospital or outpatient clinic.
- Current CPR certification
- Current driver’s license, agency-required automobile liability insurance, and availability of personal, dependable transportation to conduct home visits.
- National certification in field of expertise (mental health/psychiatric nursing)
- Experience as a registered nurse with the adult population in a medical – surgical environment
- Previous home health or hospice experience