Cambium Learning® Group is a leading educational solutions and services company that is committed to helping all students reach their full potential by providing evidence-based solutions and expert professional services to empower educators and raise the achievement levels of all students.
The company is composed of five business units: Voyager Sopris Learning™, Learning A-Z, ExploreLearning®, Kurzweil Education™, and VKidz Holdings.
Together, these business units provide best-in-class intervention and supplemental instructional materials; gold-standard professional development and school-improvement services; breakthrough technology solutions for online learning and professional support; valid and reliable assessments; and proven materials to support a positive and safe school environment.
As a key member of the Cambium Learning executive team, the newly created Chief Marketing Officer role will define and drive the company's core branding strategy and overall organizational reputation.
This individual will bring a successful track record of establishing and leading brand marketing strategy in a dynamic K-12 tech environment.
The CMO must be willing to roll up their sleeves and play an active role in brand awareness.
This position requires a creative and insightful individual who is a proven thought leader in our industry.
Though, there is flexibility in the base location for this position, travel will be required.
Essential Job Functions: · Build and elevate recognition of Cambium Learning Group products and brand awareness nationwide and internationally.
Develop a brand perception which propels Cambium Learning to be considered by the industry as the category leader in K-12 education technology.
· Oversee the Cambium Learning website; assure it is complete with creative and rich content that is optimized for search engines through both SEM and SEO processes.
· Create, deliver, and drive global brand strategy development for targeted marketing initiatives, campaigns, announcements, and releases through all company business units.
· Oversee company-wide RFP sourcing and response efforts, responsible for leading the current 7 member team.
· Be an individual, hands-on contributor.
Lead, mentor, inspire, and influence others throughout Cambium Learning’s business units to contribute toward the completion of each branding project.
Effectively utilize external consultants when necessary.
· Develop Cambium Learning Group brochures and relevant content that can be bundled with Cambium Learning Products and distributed at training events, conferences, and other marketing events to drive overall corporate initiatives and profitability.
· Develop and drive global brand architecture for all Cambium Learning brands and ensure consistency in messaging across all consumer touch points – packaging, displays, collateral, media, PR, online, and individual business unit logos.
Ensure that Cambium Learning has a compelling, cohesive brand story that speaks both to potential and current customers.
· Attend and present at industry events to increase awareness of the Cambium brand, the individual business units and Cambium Learning Group as a whole.
· Work closely with fellow executive team members to ensure the implementation of company-wide marketing best practice strategies.
· Act in an advisory role while providing counsel, strategic leadership, and direction for all business units within Cambium Learning Group.
Develop and cultivate cross-functional relationships with business unit teams across Cambium Learning as well as with external partners.
Help to coordinate cross-company efforts and idea sharing.
· Facilitate internal marketing summits that support and inspire long-term internal communication, consistent culture and brand communication strategy between the business units.
· Establish connection, proactively communicate, and collaborate with other senior leaders to develop growth plans for the organization by attending OPS meetings and keeping open lines of communication at all times.
· Negotiate comprehensive contracts with external partners to optimize cost and delivery.
· Forecast and oversee the Cambium corporate marketing budget to ensure maximum Return on Investment on all marketing spend.
Required Qualifications: · Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or relevant discipline · 10 plus years marketing experience, · Experience in senior management or similar executive positions · Proven track-record in building brand awareness and recognition · Passion for K-12 Education · Strong understanding of audience targeting, media optimization, SEO, SEM, analytics, and content marketing · Ability to draw insight from complex marketing data · Significant experience working cross-functionally to ensure marketing programs are in-line with company objectives · Ability to be hands-on, and work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, deadline driven environment · Ability to lead by example and inspire confidence; can handle and delegate workload effectively through influence and persuasion.
· Creative and innovative · The ability to produce measurable results with limited resources · Excellent presentation, writing, and communication skills · Outstanding business acumen · Due to the ability to office at a remote location, must be willing and able to travel Preferred Skills and Abilities: · Master’s degree in marketing, communications, or relevant discipline or MBA · 4 plus years marketing experience in K-12 Ed Tech