City of Fort Worth Forensic Supervisor Pay Range: $68,260.00 - $88,738.00 Closing Date: 9/30/19 The successful candidate will:
- Supervises staff, which includes prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary decisions or recommendations;
- Examinations of all types of firearms and firearms related evidence, including firearm functionality testing, microscopic examination and comparison of ammunition components such as bullets and cartridge cases, serial number restoration testing, non-firearm tool mark examinations and muzzle-to-target distance determination examinations;
- Performs all essential duties and responsibilities of a Senior Forensic Scientist;
- Maintains quality within the Unit by conducting internal audits and ensuring compliance with accreditation standards pursuant to applicable Texas statutes;
- Develops, implements and continuously monitors unit policies, procedures and quality assurance measures; reviews unit non-conformances;
- Ensures proficiency and competency testing for all unit staff in compliance with accreditation requirements;
- Ensures maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment;
- Evaluates and implements new policies, techniques, procedures, and instrumentation; supervises, reviews and approves unit validation studies;
- Develops, implements and monitors employee training program; develops annual professional development plan for unit employees;
- Create, coordinate and provide training activities and presentations for internal and external clients;
- Assists the Forensic Division Manager in the development and administration of the unit’s annual budget; submits purchase authorization requests;
- Responsible for casework management, including approving and coordinating outsourcing of evidence, prioritizing and assigning casework and other tasks;
- Maintains and prepares unit technical, quality and administrative records;
- Oversees and evaluates employee performance; establishes performance metrics and productivity goals for unit members; approves employee work schedules and leave requests; makes hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations;
- Performs other related duties as required or when assigned.
The Impact You’ll Have As a City of Fort Worth Police Department employee, the incumbent will supervise and coordinate overall technical, administrative and quality aspects of a specific Crime Laboratory Unit (biology, chemistry, firearms) and provides administrative support to the Forensic Division Manager.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS Final candidates selected for hire in the Police Department will be subject to a fingerprint/criminal history background check and polygraph examination.
Applicants must not have used marijuana during the previous two (2) years, nor illegally used any controlled substances within the last ten (10) years.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Provide a buccal DNA sample after date of hire.
- Ability to comply with all Texas Forensic Science Commission requirements.
Preference may be given to applicants who possess the following qualifications:
- Higher levels of education and experience as they relate to this position;
- Currently employed as a Forensic Scientist;
- Expert command of the English language, both oral and written;
- Experience writing professional/technical reports for various audience types;
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
Apply on-line at: http://fortworthtexas.gov/hr/ Job ID: 52315 The City of Fort Worth is recruiting for a Forensic Supervisor who has a B.A./B.S.
degree with course work in a physical science or forensic science PLUS five (5) years of relevant forensic laboratory experience including two (2) years of supervisory/lead experience.