Band 8a Equivalent/£21 p/h | 40 Hrs – Days | Great Benefits
A leading care charity is currently looking to recruit an experienced, HCPC Registered Social Worker to manage their national helpline.
The helpline offers confidential advice, support and information about the services the charity offers and directs callers towards the best course of action and most suitable support for a range of circumstances.
Details of this Care Helpline Manager role and what the successful candidate will receive:
* A permanent contract of 40 hours per week working day shifts
* A competitive annual salary of £43,860, which is equivalent to NHS Band 8a rates
* A comprehensive induction programme, free mandatory training and support and funding for additional training
* A company pension scheme with up to 4% matched employer contributions plus life assurance
* Some great retail and lifestyle discounts, including discounted gym membership
* Sick pay, cycle to work programmes and childcare voucher schemes
* Employee support programmes and staff recognition and reward schemes
As Helpline Manager duties will include:
* Coordinating the recruitment, training and development of both volunteers and paid staff
* Ensuring a high-quality, professional effective service is maintained that meets the needs of callers
* Managing service budgets and playing a key role in managing IT and call management systems to ensure maximum efficiency
* Working to raise awareness of the services the charity provides in addition to keeping abreast of developments in the health and social care sectors and identify where the service can be improved and developed.
What we are looking for in a Care Helpline Manager:
* HCPC Registered Social Worker and have completed Practice Educator and leadership/safeguarding/mental health training and qualifications
* Have proven experience working in a leadership role in a social care environment and able to confidently and effectively build, lead and develop a team, including experience working with volunteers
* Have some experience working in a helpline/telephone-based role with experience in call management systems in addition to good general IT and data management skills
* Have up to date knowledge of policies and legislation and adult health and social care issues, with current social work skills
* Advanced communication skills and experience providing emotional support and providing people support that focuses on practical solutions
If you are interested and would like more information, please call James Grice at SYK Recruitment now on (phone number removed).
To apply now please follow the link provided.
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation
Benefits: Great Benefits & Prospects