Position: Senior Operational Accountant Position Overview : As a Senior Operational Accountant, you will be responsible for providing support to assist with operational accounting within assigned area and all aspects of monthly accounting close.
Duties will also include monthly invoicing of contractual and/or physical gas or oil that may be gathered or processed.
· Obtains information from internal and external sources to record accounting transactions in the accounting systems and general ledger.
· Ensures transactions are recorded, documented, reviewed and supported in accordance with company policies and controls.
· Manage the day-to-day accounting activities for a large accounting team, directly contributing to the monthly, quarterly and year-end close for assigned entities.
· Prepare monthly estimates & actualization for the specific assets.
· Assist in the preparation of financials, balance sheet reconciliations, complex journal entries, and financial analysis.
· Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) regulations and requirements.
· Review and approve monthly transactions, monthly account reconciliations, journal entries, and monthly variance results.
· Analyzes performance reports, margin account variance analyses, key operating statistics, price/volume variances and operating results on a monthly basis.
Requirement Skills & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5-8 years of accounting experience, and client’s industries.
- Technical knowledge of the Midstream operations accounting area.
- Experience working in a shared services organization.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and SOX regulations and requirements.
- Experience with ERP Systems (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards.)
- Must have MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, sum-ifs, formulas etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- MBA /CPA preferred.