We are looking for an experienced IT support manager to come and work for a large retail client based in north Birmingham.
Although Birmingham will be your base, this role needs someone who is willing to travel across the UK to the different site’s regularly (car and fuel card included).
For this role we are looking for someone with a great motivational attitude, the type of attitude that can be seen by the engineers they are managing and will encourage them to have the same approach.
We are not looking for someone who is exceptionally technical, a good background knowledge is good so that if an engineer is off sick you can get involved and help to fix a situation but for this role, your management skills are slightly more important.
Key Responsibility’s: · To be a technically knowledgeable and a safe pair of hands in the management, delivery and support of our regional branch IT service and technology.
· Perform yearly appraisals and set objectives to drive development and excellence within the team.
· Drive enthusiastic and preventative measures throughout the team – ensuring continual service expansion is delivered.
· Day to day management of the Regional IT - Branch Service Specialists.
· Working with the Head of IT Infrastructure Engineering, to be responsible for our vital branch IT configuration management database reliability and currency.
· To deliver first- and second-line onsite IT support services to our branch customers.
· To be flexible in endorsing our business needs outside the standard business working week, this may include evenings, weekends and bank holiday working.
· To support our branch controls, documentation and workloads alongside the Head of IT Infrastructure Engineering ensuring branch needs are always managed effectively.
· Effective management of team meetings, 121’s, reviews, absence management and training needs.
· Working with our support technicians, experts and architects to identify areas in which to improve the service we deliver to our customers.
· To lead in branch system/server upgrades, change control and local communication updates.
· To work with our IT project, product and development teams as and when required, while at the same time managing BAU support standards.
· To be a key branch service advocate in driving our IT efficiency and effectiveness improvement programmes through to resolution.
· To monitor and manage our branch-based services including service requests, incidents, problems and changes.
Required Competencies: · Strong team leadership skills.
· Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
· A self-motivated, engaging and customer-facing branch service specialist who can build effective customer and supplier relationships.
· Ability to work effectively within teams or as an individual contributor.
· Self-motivated, organised, dependable and trustworthy with a genuine ‘Can Do’ attitude · Be prepared to travel to our business locations as and where required and provide out of hours support where required.
· To undertake any other miscellaneous or non-recurring duties related to the role as may be directed.
Location: Perry Barr (Birmingham) Salary: £45,000 per annum 5k car allowance This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/88346731