Who We Are Digital Experience Solutions is a multidisciplinary development, design and research team dedicated to delivering innovative and differentiated experiences to Northern Trust’s clients and employees.
Digital Experience Solutions is committed to supporting a diverse team, with a collaborative environment that provides educational and career growth opportunities.
As an Agile Coach, you would help individuals, teams and leaders to continuously grow and improve in service of creating exceptional experiences that represent a deep understanding of our clients’ and employees’ needs and increasing effective speed-to-market.
What You Will Do The Digital Experience Solutions Agile Coach is a passionate, collaborative leader who takes ownership of projects to move us further along the agile maturity curve through new processes, training, organizational structures and tools, and:
- Contributes to an open culture that enables employees to develop through direct, but kind feedback, promotes diverse perspectives and fosters a sense of curiosity and optimism.
- Acts as a thought leader, trusted advisor and servant leader to the leadership team, Product Owners, Scrum Masters and 25 agile teams.
- Coaches across different stages of an organization’s agile journey from introductory training and coaching to the continuous improvement of high-performing teams.
- Coaches and mentors developers, scrum masters and product owners to foster an agile mindset and continuous learning as well as improve the quality and organization of the product backlog.
- Helps define and provide clarity around roles and responsibilities across digital product teams that include delivery teams, Product Owners and Scrum Masters
- Leads or identifies other experts to lead workshops and training sessions to educate individuals on agile values, principles and best practices.
- Helps define metrics for success around output of the teams and business outcomes, iterating our team assessments and current tools that provide insights to the teams and greater transparency to the leadership and business units.
- Drives efficiencies by assisting in the onboarding of practices across teams such as Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and test automation.
- Works as part of a larger team of coaches to define training, tools and the approach best practices across Northern Trust to ensure continuity and shared learnings across teams.
Your Knowledge and Skills As a Scrum Master, you must have the following experience or qualifications:
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, bringing a creative lens to optimizing the overall system
- A positive attitude and steady motivating presence and an ability to remain upbeat under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to make complex ideas approachable
- A Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience as an Agile Coach, ideally across multiple organizations
- 8 years of product and software development experience
- Agile Certification (CSM/PSM)
- Deep agile expertise including servant leadership, the Agile manifesto values and principles, Scrum, XP and Kanban The following nice-to-haves represent just a few of the other experiences and qualifications that may be relevant to this position:Master’s Degree or MBA
- Advanced Agile or Scrum Certifications (CSPO/PSPO, PMI-ACP and/or CSP-SM)
- Implementing one or more scaling frameworks (LeSS, DAD, SAFe or Nexus)
- Experience implementing one or more scaling frameworks (LeSS, DAD, SAFe or Nexus