Groundworks Foreman, Hereford - Herefordshire
A regional Civils Lead Developer is seeking to appoint a traditional Groundworks Foreman or Agent to manage, run and organise works on bespoke housing schemes in the South Wales & Gloucestershire territory.
This award winning business undertakes all groundworks and civil engineering on their own planned, award winning schemes which are known in the region for their quality, durability and bespoke design.
On average delivering around 100 units per annum you will have full autonomy onsite for all civils and groundworks components before projects are handed over to the build sub-contractor management team.
Key personality traits include passion, enthusiasm, commercial acumen and an excellent people manager of site based teams.
* Efficient workforce and civils subcontractor management.
* Ensuring the correct utilisation of plant.
* Material scheduling and call off.
* Initial setting out of minor works.
* Raising technical queries and maintaining records of site based works.
* Site based Health & Safety compliance and record keeping.
* Liaison with build Site Managers and clients to ensure the smooth running of the site.
At application stage you will need to demonstrate;
* A good knowledge of Civils within the new housing sector of at least 3 years'.
* Astute knowledge of both present buildings regulations and site based Health & Safety
* CSCS Card and/or SMSTS
* Valid First Aid at Work certificate.
* Ability to provide initial setting out and ideally dimensional control when required.
Anticipated salary and package in the region of £40,000 plus package components available for individuals demonstrating a precise match. For more information please contact Joe Knowles on (phone number removed) or
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy