We are a Tier 1 approved supplier of Electrical and Mechanical airport infrastructure services and resources to Heathrow Airport and its subsidiary companies. We are based in Colnbrook, Berkshire.
Organic and consistent business growth has created an opportunity for an Electrician to join our team in this role to work a day or night shift. Reporting directly to the Electrical Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for observing safe working practices in carrying out the required duties and ensure adherence to instructions specified for the Project.
This position will require an enthusiastic, motivated Electrician who has completed a recognised electrical apprenticeship and is looking to work in a challenging and rewarding environment. The ideal candidate must have experience working at HAL (Heathrow Airport Limited), inspection, testing and certification in compliance with 18th Edition (Mod 1 and Mod 2 as a minimum) wiring regulations and understand the specific safety issues inherent to the airport.
* Team working alongside other electricians and also able to work independently
* Support the Project Managers and Team Leaders with all types of project works
* To have the responsibility to raise any material requests
* Ensure that you comply to project RAMS (Risk and Method Statement)
* Able to liaise with clients and site staff in a courteous and professional manner
* Maintaining high standards that follow company and industry regulations
* Fully comply with the Company Health & Safety Procedures.
* To have responsibility, to continually help and improve the processes relating to statutory and regulatory requirements of the Organisation.
* Any other duties that the company may reasonably ask you to perform which are within your expertise and skill sets.
* Able to carry out Installations/modifications to new and existing project works
* To work in a safe and sensible manner
* Inspection, testing and certification in compliance with 18th Edition (as a minimum) wiring regulations
* Must hold relevant electro technical qualifications in electrical installation work including 18th Edition (as a minimum) for electrical installations
* City & Guilds 2391-10 or 2394/5 in inspection testing & IPAF 3a & 3b
* Have completed a recognised electrical apprenticeship
* Experience working at HAL (Heathrow Airport Limited), Mod 1 & Mod 2
* Flexibility in working hours may be necessary as business continues to grow
* Be within a commutable distance to Heathrow airports and have a full clean UK driving licence
* Good time keeping skills
Measure of Success (KPI’s)
* Projects are delivered to cost and time parameters
* Ensure all works are planned and carried out to the correct engineering standards
* Ability to be passionate, energetic, driven with a desire to succeed
* A result driven and energetic approach to opportunities and challenges
* Adaptable to changing situations
* A positive attitude and enthusiasm
* The ability to communicate well at all levels
* Able to work autonomously and as a team player whilst at the same time being self-motivated