Mobile Engineer (Electrical)
Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire
Up to £35K
Are you looking for a new job opportunity?
My client is currently looking for a Mobile Engineer (Electrical) to join the FM team within the Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire regions. Reporting directly to the Contracts Manager, you will be expected to take full responsibility for the building maintenance across several sites in and around the area. As part of this role, you will be required to work flexible hours and complete a variety of tasks related to this role to ensure the continued smooth operation of the FM business.
About the role
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance and complete the appropriate paperwork and reports.
- Carry out Reactive and emergency breakdown tasks and complete the associated paperwork.
- Be on a call out rota to provide the client with full out of hours cover.
- Assisting other team members when required or as directed from the Contracts Manager.
- Ensure that all tasks are completed within the contractual time scales.
- Proactively reduce energy consumption on site.
- Overseeing visiting sub-contractors with regards to standard of work and Health and Safety.
- Adopt a flexible attitude in relation to assisting on other properties within the portfolio.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time.
- Carry out work in a safe and diligent manner.
- Comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required.
Who are we looking for?
- Ideally looking for someone with electrical qualification 2391, Qualified to City & Guilds Level II/III, 17th Edition or equivalent, electrically bias preferred.
- Experience of electrical/mechanical maintenance, testing & fault finding on a variety of equipment including air conditioning, plumbing, boiler plant, ventilation, pumps, generators, switchgear, cables, batteries, small power and lighting (where applicable).
- Experience of working within a mobile service delivery contract.
- An understanding of Service Level Agreements (SLA's), service targets and objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and safe working practices.
- Strong customer care focus.
- Good communication skills.
- Proactive approach.
- Able to anticipate and/or diagnose and repair faults.
- Capable of completing essential paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Full UK Drivers licence
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
Who are we?
My client has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. My client has an annual turnover of £50 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part a leading construction and property services business.
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy