JOB: Robotics / Controls Engineer
Sector: Volume Manufacturing
Salary: Circa £40,000
Our client is a major producer of assemblies supplied to the Automotive sector working with some of the worlds leading OEM’s. As a result of career development they now require a Robotics / Controls Engineer to join the team.
Robotics Engineer Mission:
Ensure Robot and PLC equipment is maintained in perfect working order, modify, improve and introduce new equipment where required and support maintenance on technical production issues.
Robotics Engineer Main Activities:
* Off line & Online programming of Fanuc and ABB Robots.
* Experience of RoboCAD, for off line programming.
* Integrating equipment I/O into Robot Programs, Fanuc and ABB.
* Maintaining documentation for all Robot parameters and program change management.
* Controlling robot backups.
* Manage service visits for ABB and Fanuc robots on site.
* Detecting and repairing robot defects.
* Carry out any required training for robot operators.
* Carry out robot maintenance and repair in-house or with the aid of external sources.
* PLC programming and Fault finding on Schneider PL7 using Graphset and Ladder Logic.
* PLC programming and Fault finding on Schneider UNITY PRO 8.1
* PLC programming and Fault finding on Schneider VIJEO DESIGNER 6.2 HMI interfaces.
* PLC programming and Fault finding on Siemens Step 7 using Graphset and Ladder Logic.
* PLC programming and Fault finding on Pilz systems.
* Participation in TPM process.
* Compliance with current work instructions.
* Carry out other work in accordance with directions.
* Strong engineering background, with experience of Electrical, Pneumatics, Hydraulics installations.
* Have an understanding of Lean manufacturing and kaizen principles.
* Generate Improvement ideas to improve Quality, Cost and Delivery.
* Experience of Practical problems solving techniques, including the 8D, A3 format.
Robotics Engineer Competencies:
* Experience in robot programming of Fanuc and ABB mandatory.
* Experience in PLC programming, Schneider and Siemens.
* Team player.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
In return for your expertise and in addition to the salary stated you will receive paid overtime, 33 days holiday and a generous company pension contribution of 10%.
Robotics Engineer Salary: Circa £40,000