- The client is one of the UK`s leading Designers and Manufacturers of Industrial Power Control Products.
- They have a product range of over 400 products, our standard product range covers the majority of power control applications. This includes offering bespoke service to the customers.
- The products are sold into a wide variety of industry sectors and market segments, including end users, distributors, contractors and OEMs, across more than 88 countries.
- Ensures specified production start-up procedures are carried-out, assesses the impact of any unplanned absence and brings any scheduling issue to the attention of the manufacturing manager.
- Ensures required scheduling procedures are carried-out in the absence of the manufacturing manager.
- Monitors to ensure parts and sub-assemblies are presented to the production line in a manner that enables continuous and efficient manufacture.
- Monitors to ensure production operations and required quality checks are carried out, in accordance with associate standard operating procedures and quality plans.
- Monitors outcome of quality checks and instigates containments actions where necessary and obtains technical support necessary to ensure effective problem resolution.
- Ensures housekeeping standards within production areas are clearly defined, effectively monitored, controlled and necessary improvement actions taken.
- Ensures all production facilities, tools and equipment are in good working order and obtain appropriate technical support when needed.
- Investigates problems associated with completion of production operations, organizing appropriate containment actions and obtain appropriate technical support necessary, to ensure effective problem resolution.
- Ensures all production team members are working to maximum efficiency and relevant performance measures are met / exceeded.
- Ensuring quotations and purchase orders are processed in accordance with associated procedures and in a timely manner and materials are effectively expedited.
- Ensuring all purchase ledger queries are appropriately investigated and are resolved on a timely basis.
- Effectively managing finish product delivery schedules and call-offs.
- Ensuring effective use is made of the MRP system to determine / forecast material requirements, monitor and control inventory levels.
- Ensuring all material handling activities are carried out in accordance with the specified safe working practice work instructions and associated health, safety and environmental management policies.
- Completing month-end counts and reconciliations are completed.
- Controlling all supplier costs are and identifying cost savings.
- Co-ordinating activities to ensure approval of supplier first production samples is completed in accordance with associated procedure.
- Manage and document all BOM changes and liaise with engineering department to specify all changes are relevant and signed off, ensuring no cross contamination to other products.
The Ideal Person:
- Good understanding and knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and practices.
- Good product knowledge and good understanding of production processes.
- Good understanding and knowledge of modern material management principle and practices.
- Contributes to the effective application of workplace organization and development of visual management systems.
- Deals firmly and fairly with conflict, maintains discipline and standards.
- Listens to people doing the job and puts their knowledge to good use.
- Plans and allocates work and monitors performance to ensure effective use of resources and achievement of work targets.
- Conducts regular reviews with team members to monitor performance, provides feedback and ensures that individual and team targets are met.
- Provides team members with support and on-the job training necessary to enable them to perform their job roles to the required standard.
- Prioritizes and organizes own work effectively, makes effective use of time, manages tasks according to urgency and importance, Maintains focus and completes tasks on time.
- Complies with duties and obligations defined within H&S at work act, completes job activities according to associated procedures, completes documents correctly, interacts effectively with work colleagues and customers / suppliers.
- Contributes to the effective application of continuous improvement techniques and elimination of waste and non-valued activities.
- Contributes to the effective application of problems solving techniques to ensure root causes are determined and appropriate corrective and preventative actions are taken.
- Successfully interacts with others to gain understanding and achieve desired outcome and presents information effectively.
- Has appropriate level of understanding and make effective use of ICT tools / systems.
- Reliable and hard working with consistent level of effort, works well under pressure and maintains focus.
- Demonstrates pride in performance, produces quality work and shows good attention to detail.
- Contribute to implementation of lean manufacturing on all major product lines by end of year.
- Achieve target for on time in full delivery of purchased materials.
- Contribute to achievement of target for number of continuous improvement proposals implemented by end of year.
Consultant: marc gibbs
Email: (Email Removed)
Tel no. (phone number removed)
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally