Outstanding and inspirational primary school currently recruiting for an Admissions Registrar and School Administrator on a permanent basis.
The Admissions and Marketing Department
As the first point of contact for prospective parents and pupils, the role of Registrar is a vital ambassador for the School and our values. A professional, reassuring and proactive approach to visits and communication is essential. Close working with Marketing and professional delivery of events and Open Mornings underpins the success of this role, as will a thorough understanding of databases, analytics and evaluation of the processes.
The successful candidate will be expected to further develop a calendar of events throughout the year to ensure prospective parents and pupils are encouraged to visit the School and register for admission. The Registrar will oversee and convert a constant turnaround of expressions of interest, applications and tours throughout the year.
The Registrar will, with the Head of Marketing, manage the planning, preparation and execution of key admissions-related events, and provide regular updates to the Senior Management Team and through them to Governors and Trustees, on application numbers, providing data, analysis and insights that will inform the strategic direction of the department.
* To recruit pupils into School, ensuring that the School remains full with a healthy waiting list.
* To lead and execute an efficient and welcoming admissions service.
* To maintain accurate records throughout the admissions process.
* To provide admissions advice and guidance to all prospective parents.
* To deliver accurate and useful admissions statistics for the Headmistress, Bursar, Governors and Trustees.
* To provide a comprehensive administrative service to the School and undertake the administrative work required by the Headmistress, members of the Senior Leadership Team, Senior Management Team and other teaching staff.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The following responsibilities will be included in the duties which you may be required to perform:
Child protection, discipline, health and safety.
Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
The duties and responsibilities in the job description are not restrictive and you may be required to undertake other reasonable duties from time to time. Any duties should not substantially change the general character of the post.
* Be the point of contact for prospective parents in relation to admissions: efficiently, appropriately and promptly managing requests for information received by the website, e-mail, telephone, post or in person; following up enquiries with further invitations and information; where appropriate providing advice and support for prospective parents in relation to the potential admission of their child to School.
* Maintain links with parents, who have accepted a place for their child, prior to the point of final, physical admission to the School.
* Ensure all enquiries and registration forms are acknowledged and entered on SIMS.
* With the Headmistress’ PA, organise tours of the School for prospective parents with the Headmistress.
* Manage and maintain entry and waiting lists.
* Following discussion with the Head Teacher and SMT as appropriate, make offers of places and deal with the administration associated with this process.
* Update SIMS as appropriate for all new starters and leavers.
* Maintain admissions files and waiting lists for entry for each academic year.
* Liaise with Finance Officer and Bursar in connection with receipts of registrations fees and deposits.
* Liaise with SENCO to arrange assessments.
* Distribute admissions information to the relevant members of SMT and support staff.
* Update and maintain accurate class lists.
* Liaise with SMT re: welcome visits and producing welcome packs. Maintain and updating master packs for these.
* Work with the Head of Marketing to organise and attend Open Days.
* Provide forecast pupil numbers as required by Headmistress and Bursar for financial forecasting purposes.
* Provide admissions data to the Headmistress / Head of Marketing.
* Provide admissions data as required by Governors and Trustees and develop new reports as required.
* Ensure regulatory compliance with admissions data.
Maintain contact details for pupils both manually and on SIMS.
Create pupil files for new starters and archive files for leavers.
Photocopy and file school documents.
Produce programmes for concerts, productions, carol services, sports events and general school events.
Provide lunchtime and other cover for Receptionist, involving:
Answering the telephone and dealing with enquiries where possible, taking messages and passing calls to the appropriate person.
Dealing with parents, staff and pupil queries.
Interacting with all visitors to the School, including parents, prospective parents, deliveries and any other visitors.
When dealing with parents, be the public face of the School, handling all situations, enquiries and difficulties with tact, common sense and sympathy.
Commitment to the School’s ethos and vision.
Fully conversant with Microsoft Office packages, especially Word and Excel.
Experienced in the use of SIMS.
Exceptional communication skills at all levels, internally and externally.
Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting demands.
Proficient in mail merging and the use of databases.
Willing to show initiative and take responsibility.
Flexible and committed approach to the role.
Capable of developing processes to manage a diverse workload and evaluate its success.
Proven ability to work on own initiative to develop processes and best practice.
Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple deadlines.
Outstanding team working skills by forming strong and effective working relationships across the School
Desirable Experience, Skills and Qualities
Experience in admissions and administration in a prep school.
Experience working closely with a Marketing department.
Experience of SIMs.
Closing date for applications Friday 1st November