I am actively seeking a skilled, compassionate child centred senior support worker to join a leading, recognised provider of residential care and educational support for children and young people in Birmingham.
A senior position within a team of professional workers, providing high quality care for children and young people with learning disabilities and who exhibit significant levels of challenging behaviour. To assist and support the Registered Manager and Deputy Manager in delivering high quality, cost effective care to children and young people.
Your role will also consist of shift leading and team development, including assisting with inductions, personal development, and completing supervisions. You might also be required to oversee budgets and rotas and assist managers with any managerial tasks needed.
Experience in residential childcare is required and you should also hold or be working towards a Diploma Level 3 in Children and Young People.
We offer performance related yearly increments, great opportunities for progression and other benefits.
This position will involve working on a rota including weekdays, evenings, weekends, bank holidays and sleep ins.
* To be a good role model to the children
* To be able to listen and offer sound advice and support to the adolescent regarding making positive choices
* To have exceptional communication skills, to be able to hand over and record relevant information in a factual manner
* To have sound knowledge of the Children’s Act
* To have the ability to engage and motivate the children
* To be non judgemental
* To be able to support the needs of the service and its children
* Be willing to work flexibly across all shift patterns
* To commitment to anti discriminatory practices
* NVQ3/QCF3 Working with Children and Young People's Workforce
* Must be driver with own vehicle
* At least 2 years experience working in a Residential setting
Children's regulations applicants must be over 22 years of age.
All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS and reference checks.
Salary packages from £22,000 to £27,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Benefits: Performance Enhancements + Sleep