UPFIT TECHNICIAN Job Description Department BodyIns Reports To Productions Manager FLSA Status Non-Exempt (Hourly) Date 8/20/2019 Location Jackson, MI Summary Custom Truck One Source has openings for Upfit Technician with background in aerial, construction equipment, and heavy & light duty trucks.
They will be responsible up-fitting, repairing and customizing vehicles to customer specifications.
He/she must be willing to learn and having a strong attendance record.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create a safe working environment.
- Building and Customizing aerial, heavy & light duty vehicles with a variety of parts to customer specs.
- Wiring electrical components to an assortment of vehicles.
- Plumbing Hydraulics on an assortment of vehicles.
- Reading and understanding repair orders.
- Properly allocating time spent on repair orders.
- Produce a product that are up to Custom Truck’s quality standards.
- Ensure a timely turnaround of vehicles.
- Operate over head and Jib cranes as well as forklifts.
- Communicate between several departments.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Previous related experience required.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Must have your own tools
- Extremely detail oriented and accurate
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Setting priorities and adapting to changing work priorities
- Must be self-sufficient and driven
- Meeting deadlines and schedules
- Strong attendance record
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, physical, and audiogram.
- General mechanical aptitude and experience with parts required.
Knowledge of hydraulic, heavy equipment, diesel truck and/or farm equipment preferred.
- General aptitude in working with common computer software (MS Office Suite, internet, etc.) to accurately record time spent on repair orders.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing a positive service experience.
This includes internal client needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- This job requires people skills and a genuine desire to service the client.
A positive attitude and willingness to maintain a professional demeanor with clients and team members is essential to this position
- Ability to see things in close proximity whether through natural or corrected vision
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Talk to others to convey information effectively
- Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Monitor/Assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
- Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions Working Conditions
- Majority of work performed in a shop and outside.
- Exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust, gas and/or fumes.
- The ability to work as scheduled with punctual attendance 7:30 am-5:00 pm, Monday-Friday plus any additional hours/days necessary in order to meet business demands Physical Requirements
- Activities requiring handling and grasping with the hands when performing repairs or maintenance of equipment by utilizing hand tools, power tools, air tools, nuts, bolts, electronic controls, and other small parts
- Occasional use of foot/feet to operate foot pedal on equipment to test operation
- Frequent lifting (60-100lbs), carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing on ladders and platforms of heights above 10ft, significant stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling throughout an 8-12 hours day, and up to 60 hours per week.
- Ability to walk and stand on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least 8 hours per day This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Custom Truck One Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.