TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business.
At TUI we are building a single Customer facing team across our Airline, Contact Centre, Overseas and Retail Service Teams that will deliver a consistent, contemporary service to every single customer.
Joining us will not only provide opportunities for you to grow your career, but the benefits of being part of an exciting multi-cultural united team.As a Release Coordinator, you will be helping us rollout a cross platform, unified Release Management capability to drive seamless delivery of the digital vision as implemented across multiple Business & Technical portfolios of large scale programmes and projects.
The Release Coordinator role offers a unique chance to engage with one of the most respected brands in the travel industry, introduce fresh thinking and new ideas, and work within a highly motivated and skilled team of professionals that are at the heart of complex project delivery, technical innovation and continuous improvement.This is a great opportunity to join a team of delivery focused, innovative people dedicated to providing customers with an inspiring, exciting and memorable experience covering TUI’s entire operation; online presence, mobile platforms, retail network, contact centers, aircraft and ships.
What you will be doing Joining the TUI Technology Department as Release Coordinator, your role will be pivotal to the creation of Releases that balances the individual needs of the Release (includes projects, small changes, urgent production fixes etc.) and the respective business areas needs with that of the overriding principle of protecting the production environment.
You will be responsible for the Release Management process of managing, planning, scheduling and controlling multiple projects and software builds through different stages and environments; including testing and deploying software releases into Production.You will ensure the Releases, that are managed independently, are aligned to the Release milestones, ensuring that any change maintains the Release integrity with regard to date / milestone adherence and deliverable quality.
You will gather demand for the Release from various sources and agree the main content of release with product owners, testers, project coordinators and development teams.
Where there are contentions, you will escalate the issue appropriately to ensure it is resolved.
You will work with the Portfolio, Delivery and Test Teams to ensure any “fix” plans align with your timelines and can be tested in the right environment.
Throughout the Release you will work with the Infrastructure teams to ensure you secure the right environments at the appropriate scale for your releases needs.
Reporting and communication will be key for this role, not only across IT Service Delivery and programme teams but also throughout the IT department, the Business, Third Parties & at wider Group level, as these Releases will be key to the overall TUI Group ambition.
What we are looking for
- A proven track record in Project or Release delivery
- ITIL or similar IT Service Delivery processes
- Business and IT Service Change Management
- Capable and confident communicator, owning communication of the Release (including status of the release, agreed scope, software versions etc.)
- Scheduling and Planning, highlighting dependencies understanding their relative importance
- Release Resourcing – support resourcing and resourcing issues to ensure the success of the release
- Risk and Impact Analysis – Identify and work with targets, dependencies and constraints
- Ability to see the big picture, analyse complex delivery schedules and evaluate ways to meet expectations; including alignment to Business Change Management and the Release Pipeline
- Build relationships with Environment Management, ensuring scheduling alignment for deployment and partnership relating to actions and issues
- Plan and manage Trial Implementations into Test environments and Go-live Weekends into Production
- Run Daily Stand-ups and similar of IT and Business Stakeholders
- Deliver Release Assurance, including Release Readiness, Gate Reviews and Lessons Learned to ensure the Release Management process continues to evolve
- Work with multiple disperse groups and Third Parties to prioritise and resolve issues
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders are engaged - coordinate with relevant parties for planning to ensure smooth delivery of projects (e.g.
business for UAT, Infrastructure team for environments etc.)
- Able to take accountability and confident at driving actions through to resolution
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills, adept at managing a wide range of stakeholders and the ability to demonstrate when a good job has been done
- Able to work on own initiative and take a long term view and anticipating workloads
- Proactive attitude and approach
- Technical acumen and experience of on premise, cloud and SaaS based services
- Drive, resilience and energy and the ability to adapt quickly to changes in priority
- Adhere to and help develop Release Policy, Process and Metrics, and help evolve the continual improvement of overall Release processes Working within TUI group TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays.
Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts.
Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries.
We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world.
The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more.
At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future.
But we haven’t arrived there yet.
Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply To apply for this role, please log on to where you will be required to log-in, provide personal details and complete an online application form.Should your application be progressed further you will be contacted to arrange an interview.
If you have any queries please like, follow or visit any of our recruitment social sites or contact