Halliwell Homes are looking for a Counselling/Clinical Psychologist/Psychotherapist to join the team based in Salford .
You will join us on a full time, permanent basisand receive a competitive salary of £45,000 – £55,000 per annum (Depending on experience).
Halliwell Homes are a social enterprise that offers a clinically informed practice encompassing educational, clinical and residential care services.
Our objective is to enhance the psychological wellbeing of children within the care system through our Restorative Parenting recovery programme.
About the role: This is an exciting opportunity to join a developing organisation as part of a friendly, professional and supportive team.
You would be working with other psychologists and professional colleagues providing direct clinical work, assessment, supervision and training and also contributing to the ongoing development of our therapeutic programme.
Responsibilities of our Counselling/Clinical Psychologist/Psychotherapist include: - Provide specialist psychological input to the Restorative Parenting Recovery Programme, including support and supervision of professional colleagues - Contribute to the formulation and implementation of plans of specialist psychological treatment and management of the children’s mental health needs, based on a multi-factorial psychological understanding and current evidence-based best practice.
- Undertake a range of psychological therapeutic and rehabilitation interventions appropriate to RP, drawing on a range of psychological models.
- Be responsible for providing a specialist psychological perspective in the assessment of children referred to the programme.
- Undertake psychologically based risk assessment and risk management for relevant children and provide advice on the psychological aspects of risk to practice teams.
- Consult with and provide specialist psychological guidance to carers and, where appropriate, families and professionals - Teach aspects of the RP programme and associated psychology subjects to the practice teams and external professionals.
- Consult with and advise colleagues from other professions on psychological assessment and treatment methods Skills & Experience required by our Counselling/Clinical Psychologist/Psychotherapist: - Hold a full driving licence and access to own vehicle - Doctoral level training in counselling or clinical psychology or other psychotherapeutic model.
- Professional Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) - Evidence of continuing professional development - Knowledge of the theory and practice of psychological therapies in children.
- Knowledge of current theoretical models and skills in working with children and young people.
- Be well-trained in safeguarding of children, policies and procedures Benefits of becoming our Counselling/Clinical Psychologist/Psychotherapist: In return we offer excellent training opportunities up to post-graduate level, a rewarding working environment and job satisfaction.
This is an excellent opportunity to assist the organisation to grow and to contribute in making a positive difference in the psychological recovery of children who have suffered trauma in their earlier lives.
If you would like to join us as our Counselling/Clinical Psychologist/Psychotherapist, please click ‘apply’ today– we’d love to hear from you Halliwell is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure Barring Services (DBS) Disclosure