Posting Details Posting Details Posting NumberF00709Position TitleComputer Science Tenure-Track Faculty (Category I)Position NumberF 162Salary for Announcement Commensurate with experience and education Employee CategoryFacultyDepartmentMTH - Computer ScienceEClass CodeFT Faculty-10 mo with benesPosition Summary The Department of Mathematical and Computer Sciences at Metropolitan State University of Denver is seeking applications for two tenure-track Computer Science faculty positions to begin August 2020.
The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
- Teach 12 hours per semester of undergraduate courses in an ABET accredited computer science program, including evenings on a consistent basis.
- Advise a diverse student body through the academic program.
- Participate in course and program development.
- Pursue scholarly and professional activities appropriate for the undergraduate teaching mission of the university.
- Teach a broad range of lower and upper division undergraduate computer science courses.
- Work with, and be sensitive to, the educational needs of a diverse urban population.
- Perform university and professional service.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the department chair.
Required Qualifications Doctorate in Computer Science or related field completed by August 1, 2020.
Preferred Qualifications A successful candidate will possess the following:
- Demonstrated commitment and effectiveness in teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated commitment and effectiveness in scholarly work.
- Experience working with, and sensitivity to, the needs of a diverse urban student population including (but not limited to) students of color, LBGTQIA students, students from low-income backgrounds, first-generation students, students with disabilities, undocumented students, non-traditional students, student veterans, and English-language learners.
Posting date10/22/2019Closing dateClosing InstructionsOpen Until FilledTo ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT)01/13/2020Special Instructions to Applicants Complete applications received by January 13, 2020 will receive full consideration.
The position is open until filled.
In order to be considered as an applicant for this position, you must apply via the online application system, https://www.msudenverjobs.com/ IMPORTANT: Applicants are REQUIRED to attach a cover letter and curriculum vitae to the online application.
The cover letter needs to address the applicant’s expertise to the qualifications listed in the posting.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: In order for an applicant to be considered for the position, the applicant must have a complete file with the following:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Statement.
Submit under “Teaching Philosophy”
- Scholarly Activities (complete description).
Submit under “Writing Sample”
- Unofficial Transcripts.
(The selected candidate will have to submit official transcripts upon hire).
If you are unable to attach copies of transcripts at the time of application, please submit them to csjobsearchmcs.msudenver.edu by or before the full consideration date.
- Three letters of recommendation to be submitted by the references by or before the full consideration date through the link below: https://msudenver.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b4uQXliJRwoQqZ7
- If student evaluations and/or peer reviews are available, submit under “Other Document" If there are any questions regarding the submission of your application, please email csjobsearchmcs.msudenver.edu or call 303-615-0299.
BenefitsDiversity Statement MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees a wide array of benefit options.
To learn more, please visit the following link: Employee Benefits Offerings Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique, access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms.
We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in downtown Denver.
Our student population consists of nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of color.
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity and inclusion.
We value the diverse identities and perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go beyond simple representation.
It requires critical inquiry and dialogue and a commitment to action.
We strive to provide a foundation for all community members to achieve personal and professional success.
Applicant Documents Required Documents Cover Letter/Letter of Application Curriculum Vitae Teaching Philosophy Writing Sample Optional Documents Unofficial Transcripts Other Document Supplemental Questions Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().