PRMO: , established in 2001, Patient Revenue Management Organization (PRMO) is a fully integrated, centralized revenue cycle organization supporting all of Duke Health, including Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, the Private Diagnostic Clinic, and Duke PrimaryCare.
The PRMO focuses on streamlining the revenue cycle through enhanced management of scheduling, registration, coding, HIM operations, billing, collections, cash management, and customer service.
The Mission of the PRMO is delivering quality service by enhancing the patient experience, providing financial security, and preserving Duke’s reputation and mission of advancing health together.
Our Vision is to be recognized as a world class innovative revenue cycle organization that values our people, patients and performance.
Hours for this position is: 9am-5:30pm Estimate Creation - 45%
- Conducts research to ensure patient information is complete and to identify services being rendered in order to create an accurate estimate
- Verifies and completes insurance benefit collection using current eligibility vendors or other available online tools; verifies by telephone when online resources are exhausted
- Updates patient registration information when demographics, new insurance or ins urance changes are identified
- Creates an estimate for identified services using the approved estimation tool
- Populates estimated patient liability information in Maestro Care, under Pre-Visit Estimate Info in the patient’s account Outbound/Inbound Calls Percent Performed - 45%
- Makes outbound calls to contact patients regarding estimates for upcoming visits/appointment, using the approved scripting
- Receives inbound calls from prospective patients who are price shopping and provides an estimate for potential services and collects estimated patient liability and provides financial counseling, to include:
- Explains coverage/insurance benefits and how benefits relate to estimated patient liability and informs patients of all account balances
- Provides education about financial assistance and payment options available to Duke patients
- Collects patient liabilities or indicates patient requires follow-up at the point of service
- Documents all patient conversations in Epic under Pre-Visit Estimate Info/ Pre-Payment notes and updates Estimate Call Result field with appropriate response to alert POS staff if/when follow-up at arrival is required General Percent Performed - 10%
- Participates in team meetings an d work culture initiatives
- Reviews and maintains compliance with PRMO and departmental policyand procedure
- Identifies and communicates opportunities for team process improvement
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein Minimum Qualifications Education Work requires knowledge of basic grammar and mathematical principles normally required through a high school education, with some postsecondary education preferred.
Additional training or working knowledge of related business.
Experience Two years experience working in hospital service access, clinical service access, physician office or billing and collections.
Or, an Associate's degree in a healthcare related field and one year of experience working with the public.
Or, a Bachelor's degree and one year of experience working with the public.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications None required Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging.
Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes.
To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard.
All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities.
Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.