We offer an excellent benefits package for all consultants, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with a 401k plan.
Additionally, consultants in California receive paid sick leave.
Learn more and apply today.
We're seeking a Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer for a 6 month W2 consulting engagement, onsite in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego for our client, a global innovator in life sciences products and tools.
Start date is immediate.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets the client needs, while being cost-effective.
If you hold a software engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we'd like to meet you.
QA Engineer will: Develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
Design and implement tests, debugging and defining corrective actions.
Review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g.
defect densities and open defect counts.) Play an important part in our client's product development process.
Monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Reviewing quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g.
developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies Requirements
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject Soft skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills Excellent time management skills and ability to thrive in tight timelines Great organization skills Strong critical thinking skills problem analysis and resolution.
Customer service attitude Quick learner, ability to learn a new environment, system and business quickly Ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- provided by Dice