Brighton College has an opportunity for an Executive Assistant to join the team based in Brighton. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, receive a competitive salary.
- 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday with a one hour unpaid lunch break.
- Flexibility with working times is expected due to possible travel and the occasional weekend commitments. Time in lieu is provided in these circumstances. Annual leave to be taken during the school holiday periods and to be agreed with the CEO of BCIS and Executive Head of International Schools.
The Executive Assistant role:
This responsible and confidential position provides administrative and secretarial support for the Brighton College International Schools Team, reporting directly to the CEO of Brighton College International Schools and the Executive Head of International Schools.
Key responsibilities of our Executive Assistant:
- Minute taking for BCIS meetings.
- Administration of pupil, parent and staff surveys across the BCIS group.
- Maintain an up-to-date contact list for staff across the BCIS group.
- Booking and organisation of travel arrangements for the BCIS staff team.
- Organisation of visitor itineraries.
- Administration of annual exam results from the international schools.
- Work closely with the Head Master’s PA and administration team in all matters relating to the Executive’s calendars.
- Arranging staff interviews for senior leadership positions.
- Administration of termly meeting for middle and senior managers across the group.
- Administration for regular training webinars across the group.
- Organisation of BCIS events, including an annual Recruitment Fair and the Heads’ Conference.
- Administration of papers for Board meetings and for inspection visits.
- Work closely with College Researchers to provide detailed analysis of international school markets, GCSE / A-Level results and other relevant international educational research.
As our Executive Assistant ideally, you’ll be:
- Educated to Degree level
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Dynamic and pro-active approach
- Ability to work under pressure and take initiative
- Ability to deal with people in a fair, friendly and consistent manner
- Self-disciplined and with excellent time management skills to work to deadlines
- Excellent English with a sharp eye for detail
- Respect for the confidential nature of some aspects of your work
- Ability to maintain an overview of complex systems
- Overseas travel may be required on certain occasions
- Strong working knowledge of Word, including an ability to format/re-format (essential)
- Strong working knowledge of Outlook, ability to manage diaries and set up Skype meetings and conference calls
- Knowledge of the basic functions of Excel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (essential), Teams and SharePoint (preferable)
- Training on ISAMS and webinar delivery programmes will be provided.
Benefits of becoming our Executive Assistant:
- 20 days of annual leave in addition to bank holidays (rising to 25 after 2 years of service)
- Job specific Learning and Development programme available to all employees
- Life Cover is provided whilst working at Brighton College after successfully passing probation period
- Complimentary Lunch is provided during term time
- Brighton College provides a contributory pension scheme, which all eligible employees will be automatically enrolled into within 3 months of commencement of employment
- Well-being programme including; healthy heart checks, access to books, magazines and DVDs from the College Library, fitness classes and English Language classes
- Sodexo Lifestyle Saving Programme
Closing date for applications: Midday on Friday 3rd January 2020
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Executive Assistant, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Brighton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the DBS