Our client is a global leader in Rolling Stock vehicle manufacturing in Derby .They are looking for individuals who want a fantastic opportunity to gain some hands on industry experience at an exciting time for the business.
Position Summary: This role would require individuals to weld the roofs, under frames and intermediate ends of new build Rail Vehicles (trains).
This role will include all the weld preparation and final weld work on various new trains manufactured here in Derby.
This includes all the metal prep, cleaning and completing the final weld to a very high standard with Aluminium followed by self-inspection .This role involves working on very large vehicles / surfaces, so individuals must be able to complete welds of a large nature and be able to complete a physical job.
- Previous welding experience
- Able to complete all preparation work
- Communicate clearly in English and be able to read instructions and technical documentation in English.
- Be very accurate
- Be able to work to tact times
- Be able to complete an Aluminium conversion course( if you haven’t had worked with this material before)
- Be able to complete Aluminium Test bars to meet the requirements of the role 1.
6mm T Fillets vertical up 2.
8mm Butt Welds overhead multi run 3.
3mm Butt Welds overhead
- Must be able to attend a coding course (which will not be paid) for 2/5 days
- Be able to select the correct tools for varying jobs including abrasive tools ( grinders , belt sanders) also be able to visually self-inspect your own welds.
- Be able to work safely in an industrial environment
- Be able to work at height
- Be able to follow written work instructions
- Ability to set and use welding equipment
- Be able to work with aluminium (some people can have an allergic reaction to this material)
- Must be time served and apprentice trained Welder (NVQ, City & Guilds, ETC) Desirable Experience:
- Aluminium welding experience (MIG) .
- In date Test Bars
- Large industrial welding experience
- Rail experience Additional Information: SHIFT WORK WILL BE REQUIRED SO ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO BE FLEXIBLE TO WORK MORNINGS AND AFTERNOONS AND NIGHTS IF REQUIRED AT A PREMIUM RATE OF PAY.
HOURLY PAY RATES AS FOLLOWS : DAYS 7.30-1600 - £14.28 PAYE £17.99 LTD MORNINGS 0600-14.00 - PAYE £15.42 £19.48 LTD AFTERNOONS (phone number removed) PAYE £16.56 £20.97LTD NIGHTS 21.00-0700 PAYE £18.99 £24.13 LTD SATURDAYS £21.42 PAYE £25.71 LTD SUNDAYS £28.56 PAYE £34.28 LTD PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUGS & ALCOHOL TEST AND BASIC MEDICAL BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION.
Due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position.
The above job specification could be subject to change as agreed with our client.