Job ID 1817003BR Date posted 12/17/2019 Location Lebanon, Oregon Location Name Lebanon, OR RDC Address 1001 Reeves Parkway Employment Type I Full time Employment Type II Regular Line of Business Supply Chain Department LWS_SCH_DC Managers Scope of Responsibilities: Under direction of the Regional Vice President of Operations, has complete responsibility for operations in a million square foot distribution center.
Responsible for the flawless execution of all functions at the facility, including: (1) Daily, weekly and annual operational planning and execution to meet store service requirements; (2) Recruit, train, and manage a diverse employee population; (3) Develop and nurture a positive employee relations, focused, safe and productive work environment; (4) Manage relationships with the store customers, local community, suppliers to the facility, and corporate support; (5) Ensure all corporate policies and procedures are adhered to and short and long term plans are implemented; (6) Effective stewardship of company resources.
- Assign resources, define goals and develop procedures to improve distribution center operations and profitability.
- Coordinate all activities to staff, organize, and direct distribution center operations to effectively manage the receipt, storage, loading and shipment of products to stores.
- Ensure high levels of customer service are met while keeping costs at a minimum.
- Partner with corporate support staff to ensure effective utilization of RDC resources.
- Ensure operations meet and improve upon current company standards of quality and productivity.
- Analyze current procedures and initiate new ideas to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Ensure safe, efficient and economical operation of distribution center facilities and equipment.
- Control costs through productivity of distribution center employees, efficient utilization of storage space and proper protection of stored materials.
- Identify cause(s) of product loss and take corrective action.
- Drive and develop plans for facility or process modifications, such as equipment purchases or changes in space allocation or structural design.
- Maintain overall sanitation/cleanliness and orderliness of the distribution center.
- High integrity, character, morals and values.
- Strong communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to recruit, develop, and retain an effective management team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- High level of distribution business acumen.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum ten years of distribution operations experience in a large volume, automated distribution center environment.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.