A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you'll be working in
From Finance and IT, to Marketing and People (HR) our support functions are the backbone of our UK operations. We may not deal directly with our customers, but we play an absolutley vital role in making sure that our customer-facing teams get all the support they need to deliver the very best service.
What you'll be doing
You will ensure that business needs are translated into effective and efficient technology solutions and drive business innovation through the technology agenda and be a catalyst for business simplification. You will also align IT with business strategy. You will need to manage the policies, rules, standards that need to be adhere to when extending and changing processes and/or IT deployed within a "business", thereby ensuring that the big picture perspective is not lost in the implementation of individual projects. Additionally, you will ensure that UK architecture enables and provides innovation in support of and contribution to UK targets and objectives consistent with Bupa 2020.
What's a typical day?
You will engage with ongoing and planned change programmes to provide leadership and support for our cloud based platforms. You will also ensure compliance with broader Bupa architecture strategies, policies, standards and practices. You will need to build relationships with business and technology stakeholder across Bupa. You will aid the development of architectures for Centre, ensuring that they meet the business requirements and objectives. Additionally, you will identify new and emerging technologies and products and assess their relevance and potential value to the organisation. You will create, maintain and govern business and IT architecture (process, organization, culture, technology and data) and transformation roadmaps for UK MU and its business units (BUs) to achieve businesses goals and objectives and overall Bupa 2020 Vision and you will also develop and maintain a multi-year business and IT roadmap of strategic initiatives (application and technology blueprint). Additionally you will contribute to the strategic direction of the business by linking its challenges with leading-edge thinking on technology issues.
Who we're looking for?
* The candidate will have had a broad exposure to a wide range of technologies, with considerable track record and experience on IT architecture, integration and design, and an encompassing understanding of IT operations and support.
* Analytical thinker, capable of sound decision-making, and able to understand wider business issues without losing sight of the detail.
* Seasoned leader with broad and deep functional expertise and/or significant sector or product knowledge
* They should have an ability to demonstrate innovative thinking and have the broad knowledge and commercial aptitude to contribute ideas on all aspects of the organisation with the gravitas to influence at the most senior levels
* They must have strong background in the deployment of Information and process systems and change programmes to underpin business strategy in large companies
* Ability to build business and IT relationships quickly from both a professional and credible platform
* The incumbent should be able to demonstrate sufficient Senior Management experience with strategic and delivery dimensions
* Health industry and/or service industry experience preferable
We're driven by one purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and that that means our people too. As a Bupa employee you'll be entitled to some fantastic benefits which include 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days as your length of service increases, the option to buy and sell holiday, an enhanced pension plan, life assurance and income protection. You'll join our annual bonus scheme, amount variable dependent upon your role and performance. Looking after your health is important to us and you can benefit from our health trust scheme where all our people have the option of taking our market-leading medical insurance cover, which includes mental health support and treatment, at a greatly reduced price as well as a free health assessment every 2 year. Your health and wellbeing matter to us and we provide lots of family friendly policies too. You can keep fit at our free onsite gyms (local gym discounts where no onsite gym). We will support you to get to work, offering a season ticket loan to spread the cost of an annual train/bus ticket as well as our cycle to work scheme.
We're an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone - all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you'd like to learn more, please visit (url removed)
Benefits: plus car allowance and Bonus