MMP Consultancy currently have an opportunity for a Fire Improvement Works Project Manager to join a Housing Association based in London Bridge, my client will require you splitting your days working between both London and Walton on Thames. This will be a 1 Year FTC which has scope of being extended paying £50,000 p /a + Benefits. This role will be focused of managing the framework contractors to deliver both passive and active fire improvement works throughout London.
Main Purpose of Job:
To deliver planned fire improvement works to my client properties ensuring that legislation and regulation requirements are met and that my client homes are kept safe for our residents.
* To deliver the planned active and passive fire improvement works arising from the Fire Risk Assessments to all my client homes ensuring compliance with statutory duties, regulation and the Policy.
* To project a positive image of my client by providing an excellent level of customer service to all customers, including managing complaints within the relevant service areas for which the post holder is responsible.
* Working collaboratively with the Home Ownership team to ensure compliance with Section 20 consultation procedures.
* Working collaboratively with the Building Services, Health and Safety and Housing teams in relation to services under this post's responsibility.
* Inspect my clients Housing properties to scope fire improvement works and prepare specifications in accordance with the block fire risk assessment, Fire Safety Standards and framework contracts.
* Continually monitor and inspect fire improvement works throughout the duration of the works ensuring all works are completed in accordance with the specification, to a good standard and specified materials with the relevant certification are always used .
* Carryout monthly completed work valuations which feed into Keystone planned maintenance module.
* Authorise work variations up to the post holder's delegated authority or escalate to the Fire Improvement Works Manager for authorisation. Record all work variations on Keystone planned maintenance module.
* Carryout handover inspections on completed works maintaining good records of all inspections.
* To have good financial cost control and financial management of fire improvement works this post holder is responsible for.
* Ensure that Keystone Planned Maintenance module is used in the management and maintenance of all fire improvement works and Keystone is updated following the completion of works including component renewal information.
* Responsible for collating and retaining project documentation for the completed works, including photographic records, quality assurance check lists, specifications, costs and payment records, certification, cause and effect records and O & M manuals.
* To ensure all administration processes in relation to fire improvement works are completed accurately and within the required time.
* To assist the Fire Improvement Works Manager in producing the fire improvement works budget.
* To work collaboratively with my client's fire works and maintenance contractors in delivering and developing the service.
* To carry out duties ensuring that my client's statutory obligations and health and safety are complied with in respect of the relevant service areas for which the post holder has responsibility.
* Provide regular operational updates to the Fire Improvement Works Manager.
* Contribute to the effective and efficient running of the business and achieving targets and objectives that are set.
* Have good knowledge of my client's procedures, policies and standards which are relevant to their role.
* Comply with the Health & Safety Policy, ensuring own and others health and safety.
Title: Fire Improvement Works Project Manager
Salary: £50,000 P/A + Benefits (12 Month FTC)
Location: London Bridge / Walton on Thames
Benefits: Additional Benefits