Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends) SCHEDULE: Full-time Registered Nurse - Progressive Care Unit Full-time - FT Days 7A - 7P POSITION SUMMARY The Progressive Care Unit Registered Nurse (PCU RN) is responsible for decisions and actions within the domain of nursing practice.
Important aspects of this responsibility are the promotion of a safe and therapeutic environment for both the recipients and providers of nursing care; acquisition of specialized knowledge skills and additional formal education to provide specialized care; demonstration and validation of competence in nursing practice; clinical practice consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of this facility; and supervision of other staff as designated within the department.
Join our team and you will experience a total rewards package to support your health, life, career and retirement including:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to progress in function, skill, and pay
- A competitive wage scale with annual merit increases
- Generous tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment and clinical certification support
- A comprehensive health and wellness package including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage
- HCA's Time Away From Work Program that combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence (including paid family leave) POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Performs and documents patient assessments and reassessments following nursing and departmental policies and procedures, using appropriate techniques for data collection and analysis at regular and indicated intervals.
- Utilizing data collection in the assessment, and collaboration with other health care providers, formulates a plan of care and updates as needed to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- Performs interventions based on critical thinking and technical skills assimilated from assessment, reports and information communicated by other health care providers to achieve optimal outcomes.
Qualifications POSITION QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION
- ADN required; BSN preferred and will be required within 3 years of employment; LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required within 30 days of hire;
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association required;
- Current ACLS issued by the American Heart Association required; EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years of experience is preferred;
- Demonstrated competence in cardiac rhythm interpretation, assessment, and treatment; Notice Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously.
During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email.
The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail.
If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.