Fire & Security Service Engineer
Due to business growth in this rapidly expanding fire protection and security systems company, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Fire and Security Service Engineer, in the North West area. If you are looking for a business that has a great culture and values every member of staff, then this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Alert Fire & Security Limited are an independent NSI NACOSS Gold company for both fire and security and hold BAFE accreditation, providing a wide range of services including monitored intruder alarm systems and fire alarm systems to businesses across the North West of England. Established in 1994 by the current Managing Director, Alert Fire & Security has steadily grown, building a strong customer base and gaining an excellent reputation for delivering outstanding levels of customer service. In addition to a passion for exceeding customer expectations, there is an inclusive and supportive culture within the team, where your contribution will be valued, and achievements rewarded.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for carrying out routine servicing, testing, commissioning, repairs and small works on a variety of fire alarm and security systems, across the North West of England.
As a Fire and Security Service Engineer, your responsibilities and duties will include although not be limited to;
* Servicing, repairing, commissioning, and small works to fire alarm and security systems to the highest standards and in accordance with all regulations in force
* Delivering excellent customer service always
* Presenting a professional image through high standards of personal appearance including upkeep of work wear and Company vehicle
* Liaising with customers for work to be carried out
* Communicating with Customers to ensure their security and fire systems and service contracts arrangements are meeting their requirements
* Ensuring Customer documentation is current and in good condition
* Training customers on the correct use of their system
* Identifying opportunities to sell extra works and system enhancements
* Taking responsibility for own personal development ensuring up to date knowledge is maintained in areas such as product range and legislative changes
To be considered for this Fire and Security Service Engineer role, you will have the following experience, qualifications, skills, knowledge and attributes;
* Proven experience within the fire alarm and/or security systems sectors
* Excellent fault finding and problem-solving skills
* Commitment to delivering high quality customer service
* High standards of numeracy and literacy
* Ability to manage own workload with minimal supervision
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
* Full UK driving licence
Due to the nature of the business, successful applicants will be subject to a satisfactory DBS and BS7858 security screening checks.
You will have the opportunity to join a growing and respected business with a great team ethic.
Salary: £22k - £26k per annum, level dependent on current experience with the potential to increase to over £30k with overtime and engineer commission
Other Benefits: Company vehicle, engineer commission scheme (see accompanying document), smart phone terminal, laptop, healthcare (see accompanying document), company uniform
Engineer Commission Scheme: To be discussed at interview
Contracted Hours: 40 hours per week, in addition overtime available
Hours of Work: 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Flexibility may be required to support business and client needs.
Call out rota: To be discussed at interview
Location: Home based, primarily covering the North West M65 corridor
Contract Type: Permanent