Job Title: Retail Supervisor Reports To: Floor Manager We are looking for someone who can be a 'front of house’ person which lots of energy and enthusiasm.
Principle Purpose: To look after our customers, promote our products, work as a team and eliminate unnecessary loss.
To be responsible for the sales floor in the absence of the Floor Manager.
Selling, Service & Procedures:
- To approach and identify customer needs promptly and accurately.
To provide specialist advice, expertise and knowledge of the range to sell products, offer related goods, suitable alternatives and C&H services to build upon sales.
- To meet customer requirements by accurately calculating, measuring and cutting fabric, checking goods prior to sale, packaging correctly and offering after sales advice to deliver customer satisfaction.
To respond to customer comments, answer queries pass on ideas and resolve or refer complaints without delay.
- To communicate clearly, ensuring customer requests are met by exactly recording details on Special Orders and subsequently dealing with any queries and follow up calls when required.
- To instruct others and ensure that all till operation, cash handling procedures and transactions are carried out accurately.
To ensure all orders and paperwork are completed in accordance with Company Policy.
Display & Presentation:
- To clean and tidy sales area and supervise the working practices of others to ensure high presentation standards and maintain a safe working environment
- Liaise with Buyers, merchandisers, display team and demonstrators.
Initiate and be responsible for the presentation and promotion of goods in order that full sales potential can be realised through effective marketing of the product.
- Communicate with Buyers, Sales Representatives and Floor Managers in order that sales floor layout may be enhanced and suggest additions or limitations of the product range to maximise sales.
Stock Control & Stock Handling:
- To gain an in depth and ongoing knowledge of the product and suppliers within a defined area.
- To safely lift, fold, move and manoeuvre products in order that the full range is accommodated, in an attractive manner.
- To be responsible, subject to liaison with Buyer for re- ordering of stock, as appropriate.
Complete stock counts, fill in basic stock sheets and ensure regular replenishment of products.
- To check both sales floor and stockroom stock identifying any stock discrepancy, take action and remedy any stock issues.
- Anticipate forthcoming sales or seasonal trends and manage full availability of the range.
Other Staff & Teamwork:
- To train and develop others with a specialised field and generate and maintain enthusiasm and motivation within the team.
- To manage, organise and direct the work of other staff within a defined area.
To communicate any work related issues and listen to the suggestions of others.
- To be aware and vigilant and immediately manage or report any shrinkage, security or Health & Safety issues.
- To be involved in any area that may benefit the team and the customer.
- To become 'Duty Floor Manager’ on the Floor Manager’s lunches, days off and holidays, controlling lunch and tea breaks, and ensuring adequate floor cover at all times
- Assist Floor Manager on preparation for Stocktaking.
- Assist Floor Manager in carrying out delegated duties.
- A Supervisor will be involved in five working/trading days, which must include a Saturday.
Salary: Competitive Note: This job description is a guide to the principal, current duties of the job.
It does not form part of your Contract of Employment Simplified Recruitment is a Job Advertising Agency working on behalf of Closs and Hamblin.
By applying for this position you are giving us permission to pass your CV and covering letter to a third party in relation to recruitment.