We are looking for people with empathy and compassion who want to make a difference! We have vacancies for live-in care workers to work in Dorset and Somerset.
If you have previous experience of providing care (whether residential or live-in) then we would like to hear from you.
What will be required of you?
To provide support and encouragement and maximise independence in household tasks and personal care including:
- Domestic chores which could include making and changing beds, general housework eg dusting, polishing and hoovering, shopping, budgeting, preparing and cooking meals, pet care and laundry
- Personal care tasks which could include assistance with personal hygiene, oral care, hair care, continence, washing, dressing
- Safe administration of medication (including creams) in accordance with individual care plans and risk assessments
- Day time occupation, activities and leisure pursuits relating to individual’s choices, preferences and hobbies. This could include shopping and supporting clients to attend appointments where necessary
Why work for St Jude's Care?
- We offer a competitive salary of up to £700pw, Bank Holiday enhancements and accrued holiday pay
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Regular rota of your choice, for example: 1 week on 1 week off, 2 weeks on 2 weeks off or longer working patterns
- Full ongoing training within a friendly, supportive environment
- 24/7 support including emergency out of hours
- Access to national qualifications including Health and Social Care QCF Level 2 and 3.
St Jude's Care prides itself on providing first class care for every client within their own home. Our clients have a range of needs from mental health, learning disabilities and palliative care through to just wanting companionship. Our aim is to make sure our clients can remain in their own home. With the right care we can help them keep their independence and maintain their dignity.
We have clients waiting now for the right care worker so don't delay, apply today.