Absolute is operating as a Recruitment Agency for the supply of permanent opportunities.
A global electronics company, specialising in the manufacturing of safety products are looking to bring on board a Material Planner to join their team. The company provides energy-efficient solutions that help people to effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. They are dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable.
As key member of the supply chain team, the successful candidate will manage the planning and effective MRP execution on our intercompany plants. Utilising STPO & forecast processes to ensure a smooth pipeline of product into our facilities, the key purpose of this role is to meet the site’s production plan and therefore customer service level expectations.
The candidate will be responsible for ordering materials, scheduling said materials, inventory profiling, material accuracy, inventory value reporting, Customer OTTR, Supplier OTD, and the coordination of inbound freight management, in line with (dynamic) business objectives.
• Conduct the daily execution of MRP, Material Requirements Planning
• Provide weekly shipping plans to our Intercompany facilities to ensure we meet Make to Order & Make to Stock build requirements
• Provide detailed monthly forecast for our intercompany plants & measure forecast accuracy.
• Inventory management – Analyse data to determine opportunities to decrease inventory, improve customer service levels and reduce total cost through regular use of inventory modelling tools
• Work closely with our Sales & SCM team to ensure all major project opportunities are tracked and new requirements actioned
• Ensure material concerns are effectively communicated to production & customer service departments, with the aim to resolve any issues in a timely and effective manner
• Premium Freight Management - Calculate cost of the premium freight required to air-freight goods from shipment plan. Raise pre-authorisation requests for air freight as appropriate. Track costs and analyse data to identify actions to drive out “cost of non-conformance". Work with the freight category manager to improve / reduce oversea transit times
• Work with SIOP coordinator & PLM’s to ensure product introductions & product run-outs are effectively managed, minimising material exposure
• Review E&O on a bi-weekly basis and devise & deploy appropriate action plans in a timely manner
• Contribution to ‘lean’/Continuous Improvement process initiatives to drive & improve process efficiencies
• Support the Supply Chain Management team and Plant Manager with initiatives in support of the business objectives as relevant
• Supply Chain Experience (preferably material management focused, with scheduling experience as detailed below), working within a team in an organisation with a variety of business functions
• Ability to drive for results, in a self-sufficient manner, to ensure efficiency and other measures are achieved
• Strong work ethic, with a passionate approach to achieving responsibilities, where initiative is utilised effectively with accountability for the requirements of this role fully owned. Appropriate ethical conduct within the ‘doing business right’ ethos is essential
• Knowledge of Supply Chain Processes (including: ERP, MRP, MPS, scheduling agreements, consignment programs)
• SAP Knowledge (experience desirable)
• Advanced computer literacy, including Advanced MS excel skills, Business Warehouse, and database reporting
• Strong analytical & execution skills, with a propensity for detail orientation, in terms of work-style preferences
• Inventory analytical scenario modelling
• Strong scheduling experience within a manufacturing environment, with an ability to navigate effectively within a matrix organisation. Knowledge of Lean manufacturing techniques is essential, with practical, demonstrable, application being highly advantageous
• Strong communication skills are required in order to meet the role’s requirements; written and verbal methods must be equally effective, and demonstrable with both internal and external customers / stakeholders
• Able to operate in a pressurised environment and to tight deadlines, when requirements are dynamic, and the need to prioritise effectively is paramount
• With some need for travel, a full UK relevant driving licence is required
• Qualifications in APICS (or equivalent) or MCIPS are desirable
• Demand solutions / Demantra or similar forecasting tools experience is also desirable
If you are a Materials Planner, looking for a new role with the above experience, then please submit your CV to be considered
Benefits: Depending on experience