Amey work in partnership with more than 40 schools in Northampton to deliver facilities management services supporting the education of the future generation’s – this includes cleaning, catering and building maintenance services. We are looking for an experienced Plumber to join us on a full-time basis, 40 hours a week.
What makes this role unique?
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the upkeep and maintenance of government buildings within your local community ensuring that contract objectives are delivered on time and to a professional standard.
What will the role involve?
* Liaising with site based staff and onsite Amey employees
* Able to read building drawings and blueprints to understand and plan the layout of plumbing, waste disposal and water supply systems.
* General plumbing tasks, such as unclogging drains, toilets and sinks; maintaining and repairing the hot & cold water system.
* Fault finding, check, repair and make good faults. Life expired equipment Inspections, water sampling and risk assessments.
* Carrying out routine PPM tasks
* Ensuring the asset listing for the designated premises is kept up to date and in line with the service level matrix for the site
* Reactive & Planned Preventative Maintenance.
* Mains water supply repairs
* Minimise wastage and continually improve processes.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check for this position prior to starting. Please let us know in advance if you have any queries.
What are we looking for?
* Full driving licence
* Minimum City & Guilds Qualification, NVQ Level 2 or equivalent is essential
* Proven experience in a Plumbing in a schools environment is desirable
* Ability to support other fabric and maintenance trades/tasks as required
* Strong Health and Safety awareness, compliance with Amey Zero Code policy